Nov 01 2011
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7613 posts

Buy a Playstation Plus Annual Subscription, Get Jurassic Park The Game For Free

15 replies 39 views Edited Nov 1, 2011

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/JurassicParkTheGame_feature.jpg

Already over a year old, Sony’s premium subscription service, PlayStation Plus, has successfully managed to live up to its original promises, providing tons of free games and discount content for a monthly subscription. But if that wasn’t enough to tempt you to become a member, Sony is giving away even more for a limited time.

If you become a PS+ yearly subscriber from November 1st through to the 8th, you’ll get the full series (episodes 1-4) of Jurassic Park: The Game as an added bonus. You will get the game for ‘free’ starting November 15th, when Telltale Games’ dinosaur game launches on PSN. An annual PS+ subscription costs $49.99, while Jurassic Park will cost $29.99. Current PS+ subscribers can still take part in the promotion, as long as they buy an annual subscription.

If you buy the one-year subscription on an online site or store, you must redeem those codes before November 8th to be eligible for the free game.

Message 1 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38803 posts

Re: Buy a Playstation Plus Annual Subscription, Get Jurassic Park The Game For Free

Nov 1, 2011

chickenbonetom wrote:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/JurassicParkTheGame_feature.jpg

Already over a year old, Sony’s premium subscription service, PlayStation Plus, has successfully managed to live up to its original promises, providing tons of free games and discount content for a monthly subscription. But if that wasn’t enough to tempt you to become a member, Sony is giving away even more for a limited time.

If you become a PS+ yearly subscriber from November 1st through to the 8th, you’ll get the full series (episodes 1-4) of Jurassic Park: The Game as an added bonus. You will get the game for ‘free’ starting November 15th, when Telltale Games’ dinosaur game launches on PSN. An annual PS+ subscription costs $49.99, while Jurassic Park will cost $29.99. Current PS+ subscribers can still take part in the promotion, as long as they buy an annual subscription.

If you buy the one-year subscription on an online site or store, you must redeem those codes before November 8th to be eligible for the free game.

Photobucket

Am I misunderstanding this, if so please feel free to enlighten & correct me...

I think the wording by Sony is yet again ambigious, I already re-subscribed earlier on in the year, does that mean I get it too?, I could be wrong but I'm thinking not, so if that is the case it "appears" that they are rewarding new subscribers but not those that have been loyal subscribers!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11715 posts

Re: Buy a Playstation Plus Annual Subscription, Get Jurassic Park The Game For Free

Nov 1, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

I think the wording by Sony is yet again ambigious, I already re-subscribed earlier on in the year, does that mean I get it too?, I could be wrong but I'm thinking not, so if that is the case it "appears" that they are rewarding new subscribers but not those that have been loyal subscribers!

From my understanding, it's exactly how it sounds: you'll have to resubscribe in order to receive the game without paying more. This in itself is an attractive turning point for the service, at least if you haven't already re-upped your account. For someone who's subscribed to Plus within the last year and mulling over the decision whether to do so again, this is something that may get their attention.

Of course, you could always add another extra year if you've done so... but that'll be costly. Even if you're not willing to pay for another subscription at this time, a discount will be available for current subscribers.

Personally, I think this might actually be a deal that will get me to pay for Plus a second time. I haven't done it yet, and paying off the extension is probably a good idea after all these months, especially given the element of this new perk.

Message 3 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38803 posts

Nov 1, 2011

GrayGargoyle wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

From my understanding, it's exactly how it sounds: you'll have to resubscribe in order to receive the game without paying more. This in itself is an attractive turning point for the service, at least if you haven't already re-upped your account. For someone who's subscribed to Plus within the last year and mulling over the decision whether to do so again, this is something that may get their attention.

Of course, you could always add another extra year if you've done so... but that'll be costly. Even if you're not willing to pay for another subscription at this time, a discount will be available for current subscribers.

Personally, I think this might actually be a deal that will get me to pay for Plus a second time. I haven't done it yet, and paying off the extension is probably a good idea after all these months, especially given the element of this new perk.

That's what I thought Gray.

As you know I'm already subscribed & re-subscribed earlier this year so buying another Subscription, albeit good value is something I'm not prepared to do, having said that I do think the offer is a good one & a good direction for Sony to take the service.

Message 4 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I'll resubscribe in December for an extra year.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 5 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I was already leaning towards re-subscribing after the recent months of strong offerings.  Also, considering the kids are gettinga PS3 for Christmas, PS+ will offer more value because there will always be something new (even if an older title) for them to play each and every month.  Plus (kept trying to get away from the pun, but there you go) they will have access to the last 18+ months of games to enjoy.  Hard not to keep PS+ going with such a huge backlog / catalog of games for my boys to explore.

While I don't necessarily care that much about JP (actually haven't read any previews and whatnots), I like the idea of a free game.  Since I don't know what if anything will be offered the first week in Dec to get me to re-subscribe, I am taking the bird in hand approach, and will re-up over the weekend.

Message 6 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 5, 2011

What if we just re-subscribe for the 3 month ($17.99) deal instead of the yearly deal ($50)?
Will we still be eligible to receive the game as a bonus (am hesitant to use the word "free")?

Or is it strictly limited to those who subscribe or re-subscribe for a year's deal?

PSN:: jave-lin
XLive:: javelin2k
Nintendo ID:: javelin2k
Ouya:: javelin
3DS FC:: 1778-9971-5573
Message 7 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38803 posts

Nov 5, 2011

jave-lin wrote:

What if we just re-subscribe for the 3 month ($17.99) deal instead of the yearly deal ($50)?
Will we still be eligible to receive the game as a bonus (am hesitant to use the word "free")?

Or is it strictly limited to those who subscribe or re-subscribe for a year's deal?

I could be wrong & someone can feel free to correct me, but I've only seen it worded as re-subscribe, not re-subscribe for 12 mths only.

Message 8 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Nov 5, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

I could be wrong & someone can feel free to correct me, but I've only seen it worded as re-subscribe, not re-subscribe for 12 mths only.

I just re-subscribed.  I can confirm that the PSN ad states JP is free with a 12 month subscription.

Message 9 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38803 posts

Nov 5, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I just re-subscribed.  I can confirm that the PSN ad states JP is free with a 12 month subscription.

Thanks JC, I wasn't sure.

Message 10 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes