Jul 06 2011
By: moho-foe Gaming Beast 2321 posts

Burnout Paradise FREE for EU, $8 for US?

8 replies 40 views Edited Jul 6, 2011

So last month Europe got Burnout Paradise for free, and so did the Welcome Back program. When I first saw that I was like wow,  when can I get in on that. I thought eventualy Nort American  PS+ users would get the same deal as well.

But after the update yesterday I have lost all hope... And I also refuse to pay $8...

Some people have been claiming that the EU PS+ is far superior, and now the rest of us know.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Burnout Paradise FREE for EU, $8 for US?

Jul 6, 2011

Burnout Paradise doesn't mean European PSN is better. They just have different deals and promotions. $8 is pretty good for Burnout Paradise. I paid $30.

Message 2 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Jul 6, 2011

What I am trying to say is European PS+ users and North American PS+ users are the same, so why not get the same content even if it's released at different times.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 6, 2011

Oh poor American users, you get the Store updates a day before us, you used to get things that we wouldn't get for months and you get things cheaper than us too.  Classic example - PS Vita is $250, what would that be in euro?  €174.  Instead how much is it?  €250.  What would that be in dollars?  $357.

You have it so tough.

Message 4 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Jul 6, 2011

Maybe your country should get out of the EU and devalue its currency? Or maybe you should post your concerns on the UK PS3 forums?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 7, 2011

I'm with you on this one - grass seems greener to me (only from a PS+ perspective!).  I understand different regions equals different license agreements, but I do not understand why EU seems to get better deals.  Pointing out this one is a great example.  $8 is a great deal, but it does not look so how when you compare it to free.

Message 6 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Jul 7, 2011

Even the PS Plus 'Clock' animated Theme we got this week, a really cool theme in my opinion too, was released in the UK/EU eons ago, grass greener & all that, sometimes, but none are perfect.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 7 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4884 posts

Jul 7, 2011

EU Plus is better which is why I subscribe to it too. SCEE produces all of the dynamic themes which they sometimes share with other regions. EU still has about 16 exclusive dynamic themes so far and each month they add two more.

Message 8 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Jul 8, 2011

From layout to content, the UK store is way better than the US store.  I created a UK account not long ago and was blown away by the difference.  This is just one more example of the UK store one-up'ing ours.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 9 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes