Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 20 2012
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1291 posts

Bully on PSN: Is it widescreen capable?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 575 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

From what I have observed, the GTA games released to the PlayStation Network are not widescreen capable. In other words, they have to be horizontally stretched.

I read somewhere that Bully, however, is native widescreen? Is this true? I hope so...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (575 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1291 posts

Re: Bully on PSN: Is it widescreen capable?

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Has anyone downloaded this from the PSN and played this? Does anyone know???

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (545 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Dec 21, 2012

LOL looks like thats a NO....

I did find this thread, But doesnt really answer you though.

LINK

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I have and when you first play it the screen is small.   But you can switch the screen to make it wider by hitting the PS button and go to "Other settings" then under Screen Mode select Full Screen.  Next paue the game and go to options and change the "Aspect Ratio" from Full to Wide.  And if you want turn the Smoothing on to make the graphics look a little more clean and smooth, personally I think the game looks better that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1291 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Hitman0278 wrote:

I have and when you first play it the screen is small.   But you can switch the screen to make it wider by hitting the PS button and go to "Other settings" then under Screen Mode select Full Screen.  Next paue the game and go to options and change the "Aspect Ratio" from Full to Wide.  And if you want turn the Smoothing on to make the graphics look a little more clean and smooth, personally I think the game looks better that way.

Awesome! I'm really glad you explained this. This is exactly what I had done right before (after some painstaking experimentation.)

In-game, I set the aspect ratio to Wide (16:9). The only adjustment I had to make on my Sony Bravia TV was to tell it not to snap back to 4:3 when changing the input back. In the Pause menu, in Other Settings, I set the Screen mode to full screen. Although there is a little bit of zoom, the aspect ratio is about 95% of what I would expect it to be with no stretch distortion.

I'd buy the GTA games if I was sure they could be viewed the same way.

I'm glad this worked...I really didn't want to play this in 4:3. Thanks a bunch! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (474 Views)
0 Likes