Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Broken PlayStation 4 Systems

Nov 14, 2013
Can it be the HDMIs provided by Sony? They should check with other HDMI cables to see if it fixes the output thing problem.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 51 of 132 (306 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Nov 14, 2013

darkforcegod wrote:
Can it be the HDMIs provided by Sony? They should check with other HDMI cables to see if it fixes the output thing problem.

No, they've tried that too. I watch the twitch stream for a while and they just about tried everything. This can't be fixed by the user. If your console is having HDMI issues, then it's best to call Sony ASAP so they can send you a box and you can ship the defective unit to them. Hopefully no one will have to deal with that... but idk. My only hope right now is that X1 doesn't have major issues because it would be great to have a console to fall back to just in case the PS4 ends up being not very reliable after all.

Message 52 of 132 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:
yeah idk i just hope my ps4 is not going to break like this one. i' would probably not even going to try using my usb drive to update it and just let it update on it's own.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His probably was that he did something stupid like pull out the harddrive while it the power was still on or something.

He turned the console off while updating/downloading some thing. Well, that's what i heard anyway.

Owner of: PC, PS4, PS3.
Next: PS Vita, 3DS, Wii-U.
PS4 Received: 3/6/14

FF14 Online: A Realm Reborn
Server: Gilgamesh

Clam Gauvain

Message 53 of 132 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:
yeah idk i just hope my ps4 is not going to break like this one. i' would probably not even going to try using my usb drive to update it and just let it update on it's own.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His probably was that he did something stupid like pull out the harddrive while it the power was still on or something.

No, he turned the console off while updating.

No surprise it was damaged.

My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 54 of 132 (292 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Nov 14, 2013

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:

Indeed, it was some thing to that effect. The dude is really not the brightest individual.

Clam Gauvain

Message 55 of 132 (282 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:

Indeed, it was some thing to that effect. The dude is really not the brightest individual.

Exactly.  It has to do with that.  How can someone think of turning off a console while its updating or installing etc.??  Its common sense people dont mess with your console until its done with all the things it has to do.  People may have been rushing their PS4' and with the rush they damage them.

Message 56 of 132 (275 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Nov 14, 2013

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:

Exactly.  It has to do with that.  How can someone think of turning off a console while its updating or installing etc.??  Its common sense people dont mess with your console until its done with all the things it has to do.  People may have been rushing their PS4' and with the rush they damage them.

I think he turned it off because it froze during the update. i would have turned it off too.

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Message 57 of 132 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:

I think he turned it off because it froze during the update. i would have turned it off too.

Hmm, that could also have happened. But i heard he turned it off while updating. I didn't hear the reason for it though. So you could be correct.

Clam Gauvain

Message 58 of 132 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Zoryu_of_Setsuna wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

GhostDoctor081 wrote:

Hmm, that could also have happened. But i heard he turned it off while updating. I didn't hear the reason for it though. So you could be correct.

If it was because it froze on the update then that is another thing but if he did it while on normal update then he asked for it.

Message 59 of 132 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Nov 14, 2013
He did it because it froze.

There are other users that report having this issue. This isn't user error, it's either a software or hardware fault. Tonight we'll see how widespread this problem is. I'm really hoping they can come out with some sort of fix for this within a week. Really unacceptable, Sony.
Message 60 of 132 (247 Views)
0 Likes