0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Re: Sony is terrible

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

unc4life40 wrote:

the lesson is "you cant fight city hall"

While I'm sure we all love unrelated Rocko's Modern Life references I must beg the question. What is wrong with the controller? We may be able to assist you and if there really is no other option you may be able to repair it yourself.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 12 of 25 (220 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Feb 10, 2014

unc4life40 wrote:

the lesson is "you cant fight city hall"

No, the lesson is "save your receipts".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 25 (219 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 10, 2014

Soundsl ike your problem is with Walmart not Sony. Seeing Walmart wont let you exchange it.

Message 14 of 25 (215 Views)
VP of Gaming
29407 posts

Feb 10, 2014

No, the lesson is KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PERSONAL RECORDS. It's not Sony's fault you lost the receipt, and how difficult is it to put the receipt in an envelope, and then put that envelope in a drawer? Your bill of sale your legal protection in case something goes wrong, and represents a binding contract between you and the manufacturer. You agree to use their product as outlined by the owner's manual and within specifications, and they agree that it will be free from defects for one year. Saying "I bought this, take my word for it" is not legally binding.

If you can't keep track of a receipt for a $40 controller, I'd hate to see what happens when you buy a car.

Message 15 of 25 (213 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 10, 2014
Whats wrong with it exactly? Youtube has lots of how to videos on controller repair. And the PS Forums have Sony nuts waiting to share their knowledge. Ya never know, it could be fixable.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 16 of 25 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 10, 2014

unc4life40 wrote:

Sony is a terrible company.  I bought a dual shock 3 controller on black friday and 2 months later it does not work anymore and because i didnt save the receipt they will not help me out at all.  So pretty much i am screwed out of 35-40$ because of their terrible defective controller.  What a waste.  This company has the worst customer service and **bleep** rolls downhill and the customer is always wrong.

No, you're "screwed out of $35-$40" because you made the mistake of throwing away the receipt for an electronic. How is SONY any worse than... oh I don't know, any other business that sells ANYTHING. Try taking something back without a receipt regardless of who sold it and what company produces it. You will fail more times than not.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 17 of 25 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12365 posts

Feb 10, 2014
I'm sorry but most companies require some proof of purchase in order to recieve any warrantee service. They want to know if the device in question was purchased within the warrantee period... It's your fault for not keeping the reciept.
>

Message 18 of 25 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

I agree Sony's Custumer support isnt the best. But take this as a lesson learned and be happy its only 35 bucks and not 1000.

From now on, scan your recipts of every expensive thing you buy over 100$. And save it to your computer, and to something that stays there forever like google drive or drop box.

And then put the original recipt in a box or something that you will never touch unless you need the recipt again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 25 (160 Views)
MVP Support
11354 posts

Feb 10, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:

I agree Sony's Custumer support isnt the best. But take this as a lesson learned and be happy its only 35 bucks and not 1000.

From now on, scan your recipts of every expensive thing you buy over 100$. And save it to your computer, and do something that stays there forever like google drive or drop box.

And then put the original recipt in a box or something that you will never touch unless you need the recipt again.

This.

This has saved me from a lot of grief over the years.  It doesn't even have to be a 'scan'.  It can be a photo of the receipt on your cellphone, if you can do so and have the reciept be legible.

Personlly, I do scan reciepts from most purchases I make of items that carry a warranty, but also keep the reciepts in a safe place where I won't forget it.

Message 20 of 25 (142 Views)