Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 05 2012
By: MrGreeK360 Splicer 47 posts

Bring Order & Chaos (MMORPG WoW Clone) & entire Library of Gameloft Games

5 replies 899 views Edited Mar 5, 2012

Gameloft really sytarted to shine when games came to phones like ios devices and android, and they have made some great games like Dungeon Hunter Allianc which is on the vita for a ridcoulas price. The game is great still but im not here to debate the prices. Infact i want to see ubisoft gameloft enterinto a partnership bringing the games on the vita.  The games are easy to port and they are already made and sold on the apple store.  Order & Chaos is a great World of Warcraft clone and if sony realises that bringing a mmorpg to vita has a great potential of major revenue because it is a mmo with a monthly fee. I haveit for ipad pc and my iphone and a direct port would be great but also taking advantage of the bitas horsepower wouldbe a. Great incentive to choose vita over other platforms for this game. The current graphics are vety close to world of warcraft and runs fine on iphone 3g letalone a ps via.

Sony needsto realise thay mobile gaming has changed, yes i want my full uncharted games on my vita but the fonsumers want their angry birds, escape plan, mutant blobs attack. Plants. VS zombies ect. If gameloft and sony dont start porting their games sony will be in trouble especially after tomorrw when the ipad 3 is showed and announced and realease next month. Apple is going to offer slide in game pads making their iphone 5 and ipad 3 into game consoles like the vits. The ipad will have quadcore motion as it always has more ram then vita and full cloud gaming support from apple like onlive essentially making a iphone and ipad into a current gen console able to play current multiplat games from ps3 xbox360 that is on the pc.

I have onlive on my ipad i played batman arkham city thats on ps3 on it with the onlive wireless bluetooth controller on the bus with my mobile hotspot. Now tell me if sony doent have these cheap on the go games and a limited selecton of vita games like uncharted will it continue to sell good when a ipad can esentially play any current gen pc game plus games like gameloft and other devs are making?  It wont so pls for the love of god get these great games ported to the vita because if the 3ds does then its the final nail in the coffin. Dont get me wrong i love my vita but im concerned. Sry for spelling or wrong auto edit words i typed this on my vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: Bring Order & Chaos (MMORPG WoW Clone) & entire Library of Gameloft Games

Mar 5, 2012

I would disagree with you on this. Ugh, Gameloft. The most unimaginative video game developer. All they do is steal the ideas of other, better developers (such as Rockstar and Infinity Ward), and create lousy rip-off games that just barely even function. You call them "clones", I call them second and third-rate ripoffs of other, more popular titles.

And here's the funny thing about it: Their rip-off games aren't even good! They are filled to the brim with programming errors and hiccups. They don't even attempt to fix their broken games at a decent pace, it takes them months and months to make patches that fix certain things only to break others and introduce even MORE bugs.

Dungeon Hunter is barely worth 5 bucks, let alone the 30 that they want for the Vita version (even though it costs 5.99 on other platforms). There is NOTHING about it that makes it appealing. It's the most stock and boring dungeon crawler in existance.

Bottom line, Gameloft is a really crappy developer, and the reason I decided to get a Vita even though I already have an amazing smartphone and an amazing tablet is because I wanted games of a HIGHER quality. Gameloft doesn't cut it. At all.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Keep in mind you need a decent highspeed internet but in toronto canada i get great speed thus able to run the remote cloud gaming in 1080p and on small screen like an ipad or iphone it works the best and in my opinion cloud gaming is the future. Ps4 will offer it im sure same with xbox but not manatory but ps5 say bye to phycal copies. Reasons sony will switch is - cant pirate games, cant trade games in thus more profit, hardware costs 5 $ cuz all it is an wireless card and hdmi out. Onlive console cost me 50 $ with bluetooth controller and i got a free console when u buy certin games like batman.

Oh here is the two leading remote plat cloud gaming services onlive you download client to mac windows any ios device and android allowing you to play console games like crysis in full pc settings 2000 to 3000 $ pc u would need to play this game

http://www.onlive.com/homepage_mobile

Gaikai s beta it allows you to play the games without downloading anything, it runs the games in the webbrowser but u will be able to upload any program and install any games or software in adition to to the games for sale or rent.

Try gaikai out remeber its beta hardly any servers no need to sign up just click once and play

http://www.gaikai.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 5, 2012

I agree. I also think a large reason Gameloft was so successful in the mobile phone market is because their games were visually appealing compared to MOST other mobile phone games. I realize there is even more visually appealing games on the mobile phone market, but I would say that Gameloft's stuff probably "looked" better than 90% of the stuff out there. That's just not going to work here. Gameloft's crap isn't going to fly here at least under their current model... Now if they want to change and create something unique and not a mobile phone port then maybe they can succeed, but I don't think that is going to happen.

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

I would disagree with you on this. Ugh, Gameloft. The most unimaginative video game developer. All they do is steal the ideas of other, better developers (such as Rockstar and Infinity Ward), and create lousy rip-off games that just barely even function. You call them "clones", I call them second and third-rate ripoffs of other, more popular titles.

And here's the funny thing about it: Their rip-off games aren't even good! They are filled to the brim with programming errors and hiccups. They don't even attempt to fix their broken games at a decent pace, it takes them months and months to make patches that fix certain things only to break others and introduce even MORE bugs.

Dungeon Hunter is barely worth 5 bucks, let alone the 30 that they want for the Vita version (even though it costs 5.99 on other platforms). There is NOTHING about it that makes it appealing. It's the most stock and boring dungeon crawler in existance.

Bottom line, Gameloft is a really crappy developer, and the reason I decided to get a Vita even though I already have an amazing smartphone and an amazing tablet is because I wanted games of a HIGHER quality. Gameloft doesn't cut it. At all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 5, 2012

I have nothing against Gameloft, but I bought Dungeon Hunter Alliance and all I can say is that it is a lazy port. The Vita is a very powerful handheld, and already has some beautiful games. I played Dungeon Hunter for about 5 to 6 hours and the 2 things that stuck out to me the most is the overly long load times between areas and even worse the extremely bad lag in specific areas or when a large group of enemys showed up. The Vita is more then capable of handeling this, and for the high price I at least expected a better port. If this is the quality of Gameloft ports to Vita then I'd rather not want. Honestly they would be better off porting their games as minis for a cheaper price.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 5, 2012

MrGreek, I agree that more companies are going to cloud gaming and digital distribution. However I don't believe we are as close as some people believe. Walmart, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Target account for 80% of game sales for consoles. These companies put out a lot of advertising for the big budget games, and they are serious sales drivers. Also keep in mind that the US is a little behind the times in the broadband marketplace due to lack of competition. There are still many people who do not have fast enough broadband speeds to support cloud gaming. I've also had a chance to test PlayOnline, and although it's not bad, the quality of the game is below what I am used to with the current gen systems. I have a 12mb interenet connection so it is more then enough to run it. I believe that the next gen systems will be more like the Vita in terms of trying to offer the option to buy games both physically and digitally. That remains to be seen with the PS4. After all blu-ray games are huge and people aren't going to want to download 20-30gb games, and even with a 500gb hard drive that would fill up pretty quickly.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (899 Views)
0 Likes