Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Re: Bring Heart Of Darkness (PS1) To The PSN Store!

Mar 28, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

Where did you see it?

Message 11 of 54 (1,500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 28, 2013

The video in this thread.

Message 12 of 54 (1,498 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

Pshh I'm not even going to dignify this with a retort.

Message 13 of 54 (1,483 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Mananambal wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Indeed it is. I was never able to get past the very last part of the game but then again I was like 10 so maybe that's why lol. All the more reason why I want to play it again.

Haha! same here, i was not able to complete this game. I remember i was in the boss fight who throws fire on the floor. To evade, you have to jump but I couldn't get the rhythm on that one and i was stuck there. What part is that?

Then we moved far away from the shop that i was playing at so i was not able to play it again. I was just renting a PS at that time and i was 13 i think.

This part right here is what I could never get past. Dodging Fireballs whilst trying to kill a gaggle of those shadow guys was just too hard lol

Message 14 of 54 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

(Shrugs head) These modern day gamers don't even know what a good game is. Their idea of a creative game is Call Of Duty lol.

Message 15 of 54 (1,478 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 28, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

(Shrugs head) These modern day gamers don't even know what a good game is. Their idea of a creative game is Call Of Duty lol.

I'm 20, I've been gaming with PlayStation since 1996 and even then I thought the game looked bad.  The still looks bad, also my idea of a creative game is Heavy Rain, the Original Resident Evil games, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Final Fantasy Series, ect.

Message 16 of 54 (1,468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

I'm 20, I've been gaming with PlayStation since 1996 and even then I thought the game looked bad.  The still looks bad, also my idea of a creative game is Heavy Rain, the Original Resident Evil games, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Final Fantasy Series, ect.

Well no offense I don't think you should judge a game so harshly from 50 seconds of video, Most of which was cut scenes. If you like Platformers and games that are supremely challenging, Than you will very much like this game. If that kind of stuff isn't your thing than you will prob hate it. Also it was intended to be for ages 12+ more or less (Though a particulary Gorey 12+ game) so that's  another reason why it prob didn't catch your interest. If you've ever played a game called Another World (See link below for video) you will see they play similary. That's mainly because the guy who made Another World ( Eric Chahi) also made Heart Of Darkness and moved on to make the PSN Game From Dust.

Message 17 of 54 (1,452 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 29, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

Well no offense I don't think you should judge a game so harshly from 50 seconds of video. Most of which was cut scenes. If you like Platformers and games that are supremely challenging, Then you will very much like this game. If those kinds of things aren't your thing then you will prob hate it. Also it was intended to be for ages 12+ more or less (Though a particulary Gorey 12+ game) so that's there's another reason why it prob didn't catch your interest. If you've ever played a game called Another World (See link below for video) you will see they play similary. That's mainly because the guy who made Another World ( Eric Chahi) also made Heart Of Darkness and moved on to make the PSN Game From Dust.

From Dust was a pretty sweet game.

Message 18 of 54 (1,443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Mar 29, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

xripurjeansx wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

This game looks awful.

Well no offense I don't think you should judge a game so harshly from 50 seconds of video. Most of which was cut scenes. If you like Platformers and games that are supremely challenging, Then you will very much like this game. If those kinds of things aren't your thing then you will prob hate it. Also it was intended to be for ages 12+ more or less (Though a particulary Gorey 12+ game) so that's there's another reason why it prob didn't catch your interest. If you've ever played a game called Another World (See link below for video) you will see they play similary. That's mainly because the guy who made Another World ( Eric Chahi) also made Heart Of Darkness and moved on to make the PSN Game From Dust.

From Dust was a pretty sweet game.

Indeed all the more reason Sony needs to get Heart Of Darkness onto the PSN Store.

Message 19 of 54 (1,441 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 30, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Mananambal wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Indeed it is. I was never able to get past the very last part of the game but then again I was like 10 so maybe that's why lol. All the more reason why I want to play it again.

Haha! same here, i was not able to complete this game. I remember i was in the boss fight who throws fire on the floor. To evade, you have to jump but I couldn't get the rhythm on that one and i was stuck there. What part is that?

Then we moved far away from the shop that i was playing at so i was not able to play it again. I was just renting a PS at that time and i was 13 i think.

This part right here is what I could never get past. Dodging Fireballs whilst trying to kill a gaggle of those shadow guys was just too hard lol

Haha! That's it! I was stuck there too! it's funny how easy it looks on the video. So i was really close to finishing it.

I hope they release it on PSN 

Message 20 of 54 (1,430 Views)
0 Likes