Jul 27 2013
By: Hakumen__ First Son 12 posts

Breath of Fire 3 for the PSN Store

4 replies 2665 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

I have been asking around the Capcom Unity forums regarding the possibility of adding BoF3 to the PSN store, but apparently there are some issues with the PSOne version, which would require some minor modifications in order to overcome some problems such as nudity and copyright issues. However, as I understand Sony does not allow any changes in that regard.

I want to ask if there is any way Capcom would be allowed to make the required changes in order to add the game to the PSN store?

On a related note, I have heard that there's an english version of BoF3 for the PSP, which was released on Europe, but oddly enough it wasn't on America. From what I have heard that version has already fixed the issues that the PSOne version had. Therefore I want to know if it would be possible to have that version also/instead on the PSN store?

Message 1 of 5 (2,665 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Re: Breath of Fire 3 for the PSN Store

Jul 27, 2013

Hakumen__ wrote:

I have been asking around the Capcom Unity forums regarding the possibility of adding BoF3 to the PSN store, but apparently there are some issues with the PSOne version, which would require some minor modifications in order to overcome some problems such as nudity and copyright issues. However, as I understand Sony does not allow any changes in that regard.

I want to ask if there is any way Capcom would be allowed to make the required changes in order to add the game to the PSN store?

On a related note, I have heard that there's an english version of BoF3 for the PSP, which was released on Europe, but oddly enough it wasn't on America. From what I have heard that version has already fixed the issues that the PSOne version had. Therefore I want to know if it would be possible to have that version also/instead on the PSN store?

The BoF3 in Europe is a PSP game. That's the only version of it.

So unless you have a PSP, you couldn't play it anyway. I'm not sure if it's transferable to Vita.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (2,659 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 28, 2013

The game is already on the European PSN store, s well as the Japanese PSN store:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/928759-breath-of-fire-iii/data

In both regions it was released both as physical and digital, plus the digital version was re-released in both regions as a best-seller like version.

PSP games downloaded from the PSN store do can be played on the PS Vita, but since the Vita doesn't allow multiple PSN accounts, I would require it to be on the US PSN store in order to buy it.

Message 3 of 5 (2,654 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Well it doesn't matter, they already said they can't get the legal clearance for the PS1 version, and considering the age of the game, a US release is highly unlikely for the PSP version.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (2,649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2015
Please CAPCOM , put breath of fire 3 for psp on psn .

thanks. psp version or ps1 version 

Mod Edit: Locked thread due to necro. Please make sure the thread has been active recently before posting.

Message 5 of 5 (932 Views)