Message 71 of 82 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Jack Tretton steps down

Mar 8, 2014

ralahinn1 wrote:

I hope who ever replaces him  works with the consumers of Sony better ^_^

Shawn Layden is the new President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America (effective April 1, 2014.) He previously served as Executive Vice President and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 72 of 82 (160 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12800 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

strider367 wrote:

This should have been done years ago. This is the guy who has failed everyone here. Now let him go to some other company so he can ruin them as well...

*insert any DmC Dante swears here*

Edit: also notices "This is the guy who has failed everyone here." that part he say "here"... Is he mentioning "The Failure of PS Home" or something? I mean hes a freaking former-President and CEO of SCEA not President of PS Home

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 73 of 82 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: Jack Tretton

Mar 8, 2014

I cant believe this thread has gotten so bloated.if the guy dosent want his job..........SCREW HIM.theres a million other people who would want to be there.this guy was just a corporate suit who contributed nuthing anybody else couldnt do.

Message 74 of 82 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2960 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Try this on for size al. He was the president of scea like you said. Where is the biggest market in the sce world? Hmm you need a hint, scea maybe? So he is responsible for all the screwups here and was complaisant to everything they knowing made a mess of here. Which is substantial to say the least. Home, firmware everything that has gone wrong on the ps3 while he was here. That's how it works al the guy on the top gets the blame. But then again you do have a self admitted problem with understanding written words. Right al lol...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 75 of 82 (119 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Mar 8, 2014

I guess he wants to depart on a high note, but I wonder what the real reasons are...:smileyfrustrated:

Message 76 of 82 (93 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6510 posts

Mar 8, 2014

strider367 wrote:

Try this on for size al. He was the president of scea like you said. Where is the biggest market in the sce world? Hmm you need a hint, scea maybe? So he is responsible for all the screwups here and was complaisant to everything they knowing made a mess of here. Which is substantial to say the least. Home, firmware everything that has gone wrong on the ps3 while he was here. That's how it works al the guy on the top gets the blame. But then again you do have a self admitted problem with understanding written words. Right al lol...

i wasnt going to say anything but.  you sound very bitter.  jacK trentton is a real  gamer and  a buisness man  which is very  rare.

Like i have said before when i heard he  was a activision top guy in the past .  I mean from the top  of activision when it 1st started that speak volumes about this character.  Maybe your not old enough to know who the top guy were  at activsion maybe all you know maybe is call of duty franchise. Alot of activison guys are greedy and fire on a whim, nickel and dime the dev. It wasnt always like that at activision as matter of fact at one point is was best video game company dev in the world and place to work.  jack trentton never  in 19/20 years put policy over the gamer and into the media and he from that climate to do so?..

? when psn was struggling  guess who listen to the gamer to make it  100x  better ??

If  you wanted to talk down the gamer you had to go through jack trentton and trust me no  body pushed jack trentton ,, nobody!! in 20 years on any level of sony, jack trentton always said he trusted in the gamer, becuase buisness will always be buisnesss, he s record saying such things. So before you speak  badly  on  jack trentton do some research, he put that controller in your hand and put these great games in your house hold. He demanded these  slime ball devs respect you!! you know why bcuase he is gamer at the end of the day.

Yes he could have did better buts  that everybody includng you..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 77 of 82 (88 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Mar 8, 2014

ROMMIE30 wrote:

I cant believe this thread has gotten so bloated.if the guy dosent want his job..........SCREW HIM.theres a million other people who would want to be there.this guy was just a corporate suit who contributed nuthing anybody else couldnt do.

If his job is so easy, why aren't you the CEO of a major division in a massive company?  Also, would you do us a huge favor and post a link to the interview you had with him, as well as all the communication that took place between him and Sony Corporate HQ?

Message 78 of 82 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Mar 8, 2014
I heard about this the other day. I'm sad to see Mr. Tretton go, but I guess there comes a point when every CEO steps down. I wish him all the best.
Message 79 of 82 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2960 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Wow this is what you see when you wear rose colored glasses.

I've been a gamer right from the beginning with dial up. Been on psn since 2007 that was a time. When there was no trophies. Everything was new and going in the right direction. Then right after that it started. They were using the other console handbook and not the good parts either. Like when they offered a ps hard drive for the ps3 and charged $100. When jack who made that decision was asked why, he said because the other console does it.

Really? The very thing that used to separated us from them was now official policy. Mine you in the beginning sales were well below the other consoles. The only chance psn had was being different from them. Offer more for less. Fix consoles the first time there sent to repair unlike the other. Create a real user friendly gaming experience. It was working great in just a couple of years the tides were turned.

Then of course they started shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. Psn stopped believing in the idea of a real friendly gaming experience. It became all about the money just like that other console. Don't get me wrong money is good. But you have to offer something that people want without the constant and massive firmware screw ups. Freezing is the norm here now. Both on the ps3 and now the ps4 as well. The ps4 with all of its 8 gigs of memory doesn't mean anything if you can't make firmware that doesn't crash everybody.

Why is that? Because having a good IT staff costs a lot of money. They refuse to do that anymore. They sub contract everything and when they screw up. They just shrug their shoulders and say whoops. Then maybe in a month or so they do something and sometimes it works. But one thing is for sure everybody still has to deal with the freezing. They could say well the ps3 is an old system. Its old before its time because of the incompetence of sony management. Who is part in the blame for all of this. Well its always the guy on top who helped make all these poor decisions. Your friend to gamers jack tretton...

mcbuttz78 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

i wasnt going to say anything but.  you sound very bitter.  jacK trentton is a real  gamer and  a buisness man  which is very  rare.

Like i have said before when i heard he  was a activision top guy in the past .  I mean from the top  of activision when it 1st started that speak volumes about this character.  Maybe your not old enough to know who the top guy were  at activsion maybe all you know maybe is call of duty franchise. Alot of activison guys are greedy and fire on a whim, nickel and dime the dev. It wasnt always like that at activision as matter of fact at one point is was best video game company dev in the world and place to work.  jack trentton never  in 19/20 years put policy over the gamer and into the media and he from that climate to do so?..

? when psn was struggling  guess who listen to the gamer to make it  100x  better ??

If  you wanted to talk down the gamer you had to go through jack trentton and trust me no  body pushed jack trentton ,, nobody!! in 20 years on any level of sony, jack trentton always said he trusted in the gamer, becuase buisness will always be buisnesss, he s record saying such things. So before you speak  badly  on  jack trentton do some research, he put that controller in your hand and put these great games in your house hold. He demanded these  slime ball devs respect you!! you know why bcuase he is gamer at the end of the day.

Yes he could have did better buts  that everybody includng you..

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 80 of 82 (54 Views)
0 Likes