Nov 25 2012
By: Jangel90 First Son 17 posts

Brand new Vita, horrible vertical lines...returnable?

16 replies 518 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

i just bought a AC bundle on BF, i open it up today just to find it has these ugly vertical lines, the darker the place the worst it looks...my question, is it returnable or will they change the full bundle for a new one? btw i bought it on gamestop

Message 1 of 17 (518 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

0Re: Brand new Vita, horrible vertical lines...returnable?

Nov 25, 2012

Take it back. If you just bought it and found problems with it they will give you a new bundle as long as you have your reciept. I know that retailers have to put a number of bundles aside for defective returns. Unfortunately things like this happen from time to time.

Message 2 of 17 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: Brand new Vita, horrible vertical lines...returnable?

Nov 25, 2012
Uh oh that doesn't sound good! I am getting mine for Christmas and my dad got it from Gamestop... :/
Message 3 of 17 (506 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Rare problem with the OLED screens, really doesn't have to do with the Vita itself just mainly the type of screens it uses. Just return it.

Keep in mind all OLED screens show marks when the screen is completely black, some more than others but it's completely normal for OLED screens to show little splotches when it completely black.

I have heard of the vertical lines and that seems to be related but still different. What I am talking about will look like paint splotches, but only when the screen is completely black and on.

I would return yours just don't freak out when you see the splotches when it goes black on your next one, pretty much everyone does. It's just how OLED screens work and it in no way affects the actual image when the LED's are really on or when you are playing a game.

Message 4 of 17 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Like any device produced en-masse, there's a small amount of "dud" units that make it through QA.

Take it back, you have the receipt.
Message 5 of 17 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Yep, don't panic. Return it. Be sure to backup your stuff and then format the device to eliminate your account info first.
Message 6 of 17 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Nov 25, 2012
are you talking about the blue lines in the backround that are part of the touch screen? ive never heard of vertical ones though...
Message 7 of 17 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 26, 2012

thanks everyone!!! tomorrow i will be returning it...i can live with the black spots on dark loading screens but the lines are unacceptable

Message 8 of 17 (416 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Jangel90 wrote:

thanks everyone!!! tomorrow i will be returning it...i can live with the black spots on dark loading screens but the lines are unacceptable

Yea it happens a few get the bad batch, I have been lucky enough to not get a single bad Sony product yet but that is just me.

Good luck and sorry it happened, least you can return it easily. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Nov 26, 2012
The OLED Mura (black splotches in black loading screens) aren't even that visible, at least on my unit. Even in complete darkness I had to have the vita close to my face to see them.

That said, I have never gotten any bad Sony product as well. My two PSPs are both fantastic devices, my PS3 outlasted many 360s of the same age, and my Vita's incredible. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 17 (394 Views)
0 Likes