Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Brand new Vita, horrible vertical lines...returnable?

Nov 26, 2012
I like the paint splotches!! Adds something to a rather dark nothingness
Message 11 of 17 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Nov 26, 2012

yes its returnable, but theres vertical lines just like in the psp 3000 scan lines. its normal. call sony and they will give you good advice. the black splotches are normal in dark scenes. be sure to deativate your unit before you return it!!! theres a limit to 2 vitas so be careful. if you deactivate from the website, its only once every six months. be careful.

Equality for all
Message 12 of 17 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Yes this is normal for the OLED screen to have smear marks or dark blotches visible when the screen is dim.. i had an abnomally large amount all over the screen with my Day 1 vita.. returned it a couple weeks later and the new vita was a slight improvement (the blotches were small and only on the edges).. i then learned this was normal when the screen went dark.

Most retailers are honoring a 45 day return policy to cover you from defective purchases made around black friday.. i dont know about Game stop though call them and ask them Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Dec 14, 2012

my 1st two vitas, the black splotches were beyond bad. looked like the unfinished swan went crazy. my 3rd one after returning the 2, was way less. every oled is different. but 3rd time was the charm for me.

Equality for all
Message 14 of 17 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Dec 14, 2012
my vita has this wave of dust along the bottom. only noticeable on a black screen while playing in the dark.
Message 15 of 17 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the black splotches on the black loading screen. It doesn't affect my screen at all, everything looks purtty and it doesn't bother me.

♪ I gave up! ♪
Message 16 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:
my vita has this wave of dust along the bottom. only noticeable on a black screen while playing in the dark.

This is also due to a bad batch, some Vita's were made and got dust sealed in the screen. Technically the Vita is not that hard to take apart from my point of view but I guess that depends on the person. I actually had the same problem, I had these little metallic specs, looked like metal dust or something from the factory when I bought my Vita in the top right corner.

Being the perfectionist I am, I just took it apart gave it a good blow with some dust off and good as new but I am sure many of you aren't willing to do that. I just have experience taking a lot of crap apart so it doesn't bother me cause I know I won't break it. Woudn't be surprised if someone on youtube has made a video of it or something, if you are willing to go to such lengths to fix really small flaws.

Message 17 of 17 (116 Views)
0 Likes