Nov 04 2012
By: docshady Gaming Beast 1581 posts

Brand New PS3 owner

7 replies 168 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

So I joined the ranks 2 days ago and purchased a PS3.  Its the first real console I've purchased since I purchased the PSone back in the day (no, the Wii is not a real console, its like the Tiger Handheld of the current generation lol).  Fridays purchase was dead out of the box, so I was issued a replacement, been loving it.  I've been a PC gamer for so long, I forgot what console gaming has been about.

Been getting a heavy dose of Red Dead Redemption, FF XIII, and NHL 13.

Aside from netflix, gaming, and using the PS3 as a media server, any other cool features I should know about?

BDDBB702B8784876A7D382EC1C4D326A.gif  That pretty much describes my walk from the car to ebgames friday night lol

doc shady signature
Message 1 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Re: Brand New PS3 owner

Nov 4, 2012

Blu Ray is fantastic looking..Dynamic Themes add a Zing to the dash board ..Sunday NFL ticket .Something I will be getting this friday and no need for a dish!

I use my Ps3 for gaming/blu ray movies/netflix and soon to be pro football.Now and then I download a movie from the PSN store.

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 2 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9610 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Let's see....PS3 has Playstation Home. It is a virtual chat room that is free to enter. You can meet and talk to people there. Or you could make an account for different counties and visit different Playstation Home's around the world (Europe, Hong Kong, Japan). All for free.

It is very easy to download photos, music and video into your PS3.

PS3 is virus proof. The browser is not very good. But you can go to sites without worrying about getting a virus that could destroy a PC.

For $50 dollars a year you can get Playstation Plus and get a ton of  games from the Playstation Store.

zebra-eye.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 4, 2012
I agree you will get a ton of value by signing up for PlayStation Plus...
Message 4 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Return it while you can. Sony PS3 is a scam, they will update your firmware and then it gets bricked and try to scam you into paying a 99.00 service to repair it.

Luckly I purchased this crap at Costco in 2010 and they allowed me to return it. At this point, Im without a PS3 and bunch accessories for PS3 Move, Camera, over 20 games that are now useless. Thanks Sony for messing up my weekened with the BS update you call 4.31.

Message 5 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012
get ps plus. You get 3 of the best games of 2011 and get a taste of playstation exclusives in Littlebig Planet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and Ratchet and Clank All 4 one. Also you get really cool indie games for $5 a month
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 6 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012
hey linuxworks.... it happens, its a one in a million chance, it doesn't mean the ps3 is a scam
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 7 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Nov 5, 2012

linuxworks wrote:

Return it while you can. Sony PS3 is a scam, they will update your firmware and then it gets bricked and try to scam you into paying a 99.00 service to repair it.

Luckly I purchased this crap at Costco in 2010 and they allowed me to return it. At this point, Im without a PS3 and bunch accessories for PS3 Move, Camera, over 20 games that are now useless. Thanks Sony for messing up my weekened with the BS update you call 4.31.

That's what everyone said about 4.25 and 4.30 -_-

Message 8 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes