Aug 01 2012
By: II-Siamak-II First Son 4 posts

Brand New PS3 Slim Controller Keeps blinking.

4 replies 168 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

Dear Playstation Community, I had this PS3 for a bout a week and I have some wierd issues with it, basically sometimes when I turn on the system with my PS3 controller, the system turns on and all the 4 lights on the front of the controller keeps blinking and controller wont function until I reset the controller with the small botton in the back of the controller. PS3 firmware is 4.21, this is my 3rd replacement and previous replacements had other issues but i never had this controller issue, can it be the bluetooth card inside the PS3? or is it a bug in the PS3 firmware?

Message 1 of 5 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Brand New PS3 Slim Controller Keeps blinking.

Aug 1, 2012

The 4 lights always blink when i trun my controller on, and then it goes to 1 solid red controller.

Are you sure it isn't assigned as controller 2? Or it isn't paired properly? It sounds like you never paired the controller.
To pair simply plug it in with the USB and hold the PS button.

To assign as controller 1 once it starts working hold the PS button and assign controller number.

Message 2 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Yea I did paired my controller, if you fully read my post you will notice that I said when I press the PS bottion the PS3 turns on and then the 4 lights keep blinking until I plug it in or reset the controller, also notetht this happens randomly and not all the time.
Message 3 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28677 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Okay, after re-reading your post try a different cable when you pair the controller. 

Message 4 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Aug 1, 2012

if it only does this with this one controller it's the cable like captain said or  the controller itself and if it does this with any controller then theres something wrong with the bluetooth controller inside the ps3.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 5 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes