Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2011
By: IxIRuckusIxI First Son 3 posts

Boycott Vita Memory

35 replies 71 views Edited Dec 2, 2011

2011 pricing for memory typically costs a dollar or less for a GB. A standard 32 GB SD card will run you about $32, while a 500 GB portable HD will cost you about $50-$60. Sony is charging as low as $30 to as much as $120 for a 4GB/32GB memory card. The prices for these cards are inflated, outrageous and  consumers should not have to  pay for such high costs, espcially when memory is so cheap nowadays. Sony's business depends on its consumers. If we pledge to not buy the system, we will undoublty force the company to lower its memory costs. As a community, we have a say to a fair asking price for memory. I ask you all to pledge here, in a response this post, to boycott the asking price for memory cards. Simply write "I pledge to boycott Vita memory for a reasonable asking price" as a response to this post to show Sony that we will not stand for these prices.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Boycott Vita Memory

Dec 2, 2011

From what I understand those prices GameStop has posted are estimates and not final. The prices IMO will be comparable to the ones for the M2 ones for the PSPgo. So I suggest you wait and see what the true prices are going to be closer to the US launch...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 2, 2011

I'm not so sure. The other day, I GN posted an article about the GameStop card prices. Today, they updated it saying that Sony corrected a few of the prices, but not all of them. This could mean that Sony has confirmed the prices.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Hopefully Sony will allow SanDisk to make memory cards for the Vita too, which usually costs less. But it probably won't happen right away...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Dec 2, 2011

I totally agree with you because without the memory card we cannot play any games because the VITA itself does not have a single GB to put our save files on. The memory card are a NECESSITY, we need it in order to game. If the bundle that SONY offered Canada for 300$ wifi version and the game + the memory card and case was to be for the US too then it would be understandable because NOT EVERYONE wants a 3g version. I have T-Mobile I tether my internet with my phone and its 4G. I don't want a 3g version, I have mine pre-ordered at Gamestop for the wi-fi version. The memory card itself is the price of a game which is totally stupid. I demand a lower price OR release a WI-FI bundle like the Canadian version for USA!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Oh look! Another boycott! On the internet, no less!

When has THAT worked!?

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12007 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Type-F- wrote:

I totally agree with you because without the memory card we cannot play any games because the VITA itself does not have a single GB to put our save files on. The memory card are a NECESSITY, we need it in order to game. If the bundle that SONY offered Canada for 300$ wifi version and the game + the memory card and case was to be for the US too then it would be understandable because NOT EVERYONE wants a 3g version. I have T-Mobile I tether my internet with my phone and its 4G. I don't want a 3g version, I have mine pre-ordered at Gamestop for the wi-fi version. The memory card itself is the price of a game which is totally stupid. I demand a lower price OR release a WI-FI bundle like the Canadian version for USA!!!

Well some of the games have some extra room for save data and DLC.....(not the big games like Uncharted).

But just a few points for the OP:

1. Good luck boycotting the Vita, I know plenty of people who would buy it right now for $500 if they could. Were sold the minute they saw it.

2. They're already taking a loss on the system itself (profit-wise), so I guess this is their plan to get more money.

3. Sony is a BUSINESS.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Dec 2, 2011

AGREED!  I want to save a penny as much as the next guy. ( yeah I clip coupons ) Gaming is not a hobby for you if your not willing to pay up..At least if you want to stay on the newest technology.  I HONESTLY thought the Vita and mem cards would cost a LOT more.  There are smartphones that cost a LOT more. If you want to wait till a cheaper version or bundle comes out do that..or how about working and saving up for it like everybody else.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Dec 2, 2011

meh suck it up I'm just going to forget how much I'm paying for a 16gb and just have fun with the games. Sony probably saying in response to a 25$ system with everthing okay lets use it on the accessories to make up probably how much they spent making it. Sony probably had to spend a lot of money making this thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 2, 2011

I agree with you regardless if sony is a biz or not the 32gb is the cost of two brand new ps3 game and almost half of how much the system itself will run for.  The memory cards are too steep and trust me gaming is more than a hobbie to me i have spent of $6000 in a short amount of time on ps3, psn and ps1 games but not feeling the prices for memory cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (71 Views)
0 Likes