Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Boycott U.S. Playstation Plus

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

EvilrCrow wrote:

I joined PS Plus 2 months ago and I have to say it's not worth it. I think we should boycott it...said the crazy gamer! With all the games i've downloaded they have surpassed the price I paid for the subscription fee. I have 8 more months to go before my subscription needs to be renewed; I'm content with playstation plus. Keep the free games coming.

*Cough* 10 months! ... Anyways, you got me there in the beginning of your post.

Message 11 of 22 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 3, 2012

EvilrCrow wrote:

I joined PS Plus 2 months ago and I have to say it's not worth it. I think we should boycott it...said the crazy gamer! With all the games i've downloaded they have surpassed the price I paid for the subscription fee. I have 8 more months to go before my subscription needs to be renewed; I'm content with playstation plus. Keep the free games coming.

FIVE DAYS.  I have had my PLUS FIVE DAY, and I have already recouped in value of games the asking subscription of $49.99 for a year.  Can't wait for what is next, excited.

Moble

Message 12 of 22 (438 Views)
MVP Support
40547 posts

Oct 3, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

mdstryker wrote:

The U.S. playstation plus subscribers are getting shafted when compared to the EU.  The same games should be offered to both communities.  The EU is receiving 2 full retail games in October when the U.S. is receiving 1 psn GAME!!  This is ridiculous.  Why is the U.S. plus community getting shafted in this manner.

I say, the US plus members Boycott Playstation Plus and do not renew our subscriptions.   I am not the only U.S. Subscriber that feels this way.  

So, come and join me in the fight for equality of goods and services!  It is time to show Sony that the consumer is still in control.

LOL.

I have been a PlayStation Plus Subscriber since day one & remain so to this day, i am also a very happy PS Plus Subcriber, I will not be joining you in your one-person fight, but thanks for asking!

Right on BRIT.  I was wondering when you would get in on this.

I just joined, and love it so far.  We can't worry about what other countries are getting.  Besides, we haven't seen what October will have yet either.

Keep carrying the torch BRIT.

Moble

Thanks Moble.

I could have gone into some long spiel with the OP but decided to be short, sweet & to the point.

I have always been a supportre of Plus as a whole, are there some things they could improve?, yes of course, it's still a relatively new service & as such it's still evolving & changing, the increase in cloud storage was very welcomed by many, including myself, I'd like to see more avatars available, I'd also like to see some kind of "trinket" for say long-standing members, say a 1 or 2 year member avatar, so is it perfect?, no, will I argue for more improvemnents?, yes, are some of the games offered always what I want?, no, does the UK/EU get "better" games than the US?, that's subjective, if you go to the UK/EU Forums you'll see them complaining that the US gets the better games, the grass as I have said before is not always greener, but you know what, it's a bloody good service & Sony deserves to be lauded for their efforts in making Plus what it is today.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 13 of 22 (434 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

so is it perfect?, no, will I argue for more improvemnents?, yes.

yep; I agree that Plus can always improve and always encourage people to voice their opinions on it so we know what to take to the top. Of course, not everything can change, but they key items that we can move the needle on, the Community team here will always work to make happen. 

Message 14 of 22 (397 Views)
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 3, 2012

If you dont like it just cancel. No one wants to hear you cry like a spoiled brat because you dont get what you want. PS+ is a great service And I may not be interested in every game that they post FOR FREE! I am greatful that they give anything. I have been a xbox gold subscriber for 6 years and havent recevied a thing from them. Grow up.

Message 15 of 22 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 4, 2012

AXE_420 wrote:

If you dont like it just cancel. No one wants to hear you cry like a spoiled brat because you dont get what you want. PS+ is a great service And I may not be interested in every game that they post FOR FREE! I am greatful that they give anything. I have been a xbox gold subscriber for 6 years and havent recevied a thing from them. Grow up.

WORD!

Moble

Message 16 of 22 (346 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I'm not sure if New Zealand falls under EU But it doesn't matter what games I get, that's just a bonus. I got Plus for the themes!
S_C_O_P_IE_D
Message 17 of 22 (310 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 5, 2012

S_C_O_P_IE_D wrote:
I'm not sure if New Zealand falls under EU But it doesn't matter what games I get, that's just a bonus. I got Plus for the themes!

Really? Wow, that is a first!

Message 18 of 22 (307 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I've had PS+ for almost 2 years now, and I am more than happy with it.  Sure, not every game is a winner, I delete more than I keep I'd say.  And there have been a handful of games show up I already owned.  But the good games I've gotten (and bad ones I might have paid for but didn't have to waste my money to find out) have all more than made up for any disappointments.  Add auto updates, trophy syncing, auto download finishing/installing, cloud storage and auto game save storage, and I'm a happy gamer!

Not to mention it's finally coming to the Vita!  I cannot WAIT to see what is in store for November on my Vita!!

Message 19 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Not going to lie, if the EU is getting retail blockbuster's such as RE5, Dead Space 2, and RDR, that is a bit un-balanced. We get stuck with SCEA first-party titles (mainly family titles) and games that really didn't sell too well. I'm not saying I am going to boycott PS+, because that never works anyway. Its like those idiots who start petitions for games and try to get the developer to change something. Smiley Indifferent

Although I will say, if you are part of the 'Welcoming Committee' and/or if you change your text color every post from default just so you get noticed, then of course you're going to side with Sony. Go figure.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 20 of 22 (269 Views)