Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2012
By: mdstryker First Son 8 posts

Boycott U.S. Playstation Plus

21 replies 602 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

The U.S. playstation plus subscribers are getting shafted when compared to the EU.  The same games should be offered to both communities.  The EU is receiving 2 full retail games in October when the U.S. is receiving 1 psn GAME!!  This is ridiculous.  Why is the U.S. plus community getting shafted in this manner.

I say, the US plus members Boycott Playstation Plus and do not renew our subscriptions.   I am not the only U.S. Subscriber that feels this way.  

So, come and join me in the fight for equality of goods and services!  It is time to show Sony that the consumer is still in control.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (602 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6158 posts

Re: Boycott U.S. Playstation Plus

Oct 2, 2012
October just started, there are more things coming, and sony has made some teases of us getting some disc based games this month. US PS+ is still a really good deal, and the differences between the 2 regions are not a huge difference.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (586 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

It's not worth boycotting, but there is a noticeable difference between our content.  We easily get our money's worth, but after looking at the content that the Euros get that we don't (Red Dead Redemptions, Dead Space 2, Deux Ex, etc), it's a bit disappointing to see what we could be getting, but aren't.

Any Euros out there reading this?  I see comments from US accounts stating that Euros complain about not getting some of the high-quality content that we get.  What grade-A games are we getting, that the Euros aren't?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (581 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Oct 2, 2012

**bleep** they are getting Resident evil 5 & bulletstorm!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (576 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Those are next week's content.  Don't complain about that until you see what we get next week.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (569 Views)
VP of Gaming
28975 posts

Oct 2, 2012

mdstryker wrote:

The U.S. playstation plus subscribers are getting shafted when compared to the EU.  The same games should be offered to both communities.  The EU is receiving 2 full retail games in October when the U.S. is receiving 1 psn GAME!!  This is ridiculous.  Why is the U.S. plus community getting shafted in this manner.

I say, the US plus members Boycott Playstation Plus and do not renew our subscriptions.   I am not the only U.S. Subscriber that feels this way.  

So, come and join me in the fight for equality of goods and services!  It is time to show Sony that the consumer is still in control.

LOL.

I have been a PlayStation Plus Subscriber since day one & remain so to this day, i am also a very happy PS Plus Subcriber, I will not be joining you in your one-person fight, but thanks for asking!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (555 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 2, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

mdstryker wrote:

LOL.

I have been a PlayStation Plus Subscriber since day one & remain so to this day, i am also a very happy PS Plus Subcriber, I will not be joining you in your one-person fight, but thanks for asking!

Right on BRIT.  I was wondering when you would get in on this.

I just joined, and love it so far.  We can't worry about what other countries are getting.  Besides, we haven't seen what October will have yet either.

Keep carrying the torch BRIT.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (551 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I don't normally post on these forums.  I'm always the quiet observer, but this one I had to throw something in.  At least something positive.  I have had the worse luck with PS3 systems.  But ever since my second one died, I had a friend begging me to get an xbox 360 just to play games with him.  But alas I spent enough money in the past on stuff from the PS store that I had to get myself a new PS3.  So finally getting this new system last week, I decided to buy a 3 month card for Playstation Plus.  And it was the best thing I could have done.

Minus from replacing a few discs games that I had in the past, just from my first month into PS+ I couldn't be happier, sure I missed a couple good games.  But just from the start I had Ratchet and Clank, Infamous 2 and Borderlands 1 downloaded.  All fantastic games (well haven't tried Infamous 2 yet but thats besides the point).  Sure am I a little dissappointed that the first update this month is NFL Blitz, absolutely I am.  But can I just sit back and see someone be mad about what we have gotten and request a boycott, I can not.  So what EU has more games atm than we do.  Well besides games Europe has more than we do anyways.  So who cares?  Be lucky and be appreciative for what we do get.  Remember unlike Xbox, we do get our online gaming for free and what we do pay for are free games every month.  Definately a great deal and I will continue to stick by Sony's side even on the months where there might be less desirable games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (542 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

mdstryker wrote:

What a greedy **bleep** person you are. If I recall well, I once voiced a negative opinion on Plus over something stupid and realized how asinine I was being. People feel cheated out of services all of the time. If you're unhappy with the service, simply STOP using it. Playstation Plus isn't all about free games, that's only one part of it. For you to boycott it only because you're not getting FREE titles you feel you're obligated to proves you're just greedy. I'm more than happy with what I'm getting, and I'm thankful that I'm fortunate enough to have a service like Plus while there are people who dream to have what, I feel, I'm blessed with. Take yourself somewhere quiet, think for a few minutes, come back, delete this thread and be thankful.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (527 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I joined PS Plus 2 months ago and I have to say it's not worth it. I think we should boycott it...said the crazy gamer! With all the games i've downloaded they have surpassed the price I paid for the subscription fee. I have 8 more months to go before my subscription needs to be renewed; I'm content with playstation plus. Keep the free games coming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (517 Views)