Oct 06 2012
By: Hosenka_No_Jutsu First Son 5 posts

Borderlands 2 on Ps Vita

[ Edited ]
4 replies 457 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Borderlands 2 would be perfect on the Ps Vita and Randy Pitchford definitely agrees with me. He stated at "The Rezzed Pc Conference" that although Gearbox would not be able to port the game to the Ps Vita themselves, they would throw support to a studio of Sony's choosing to port the game to the Vita. I would looove to be able to play Borderlands 2 on the go and there are many features the game could utilize to work in tandem with the PS3 version. With cross-save, you can have the same data file on the Vita and the PS3. That way,you can play the same data file on the go on the Vita and transfer it to your PS3 when you are home and never miss a beat. With Cross-play, completely new features could be implemented to allow the use of the Vita as a controller similar to the option now available for Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3. Using the Near function can allow you to find people nearby also playing Borderlands 2 and link up with them to play cooperatively. 
Gearbox is already aware of the potential and the ball is now in Sony's court. There is a petition listed here which aims to get Sony's attention  ipetitions dotcom/petition/borderlandsvita
I think the main problem that is stopping this game from being ported is Sony having to throw its own resources into making it happen. Sony has admitted recently to not getting a lot of developer support, but throwing money into making a game as huge as this possible on their system would surely be beneficial in the long run. Are there any other ways along with the petition that you guys can think of to let Sony know gamers want to see this happen? Are there any more features that can be taken advantage of to help maximize this game for a Vita port?

Message 1 of 5 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: Borderlands 2 on Ps Vita

Oct 6, 2012

Theres been several threads on this so far, and personally i would be more surprised to see this game not come to the Vita. However, it has not even been started yet for Vita and Blands2 is already out, i would think that by the time it dropped on Vita most of the hype and money they could have made with a simultanious launch will have already withered away. I say that because gearbox wants to have a cloud saving function that works between vita and ps3 and by the time a Vita release happens most of the craze of this game will have died and wont be as profitable. I love Blands 1 and 2, and trust me id love to see this drop, i just think that idea was a little too late, and lack of a good enough developer for a Vita version of course. Then again this is just my opinion, for all i know it could drop and be huuuuuge! which would be amazing for the Vita sales and community.

Message 2 of 5 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Message 3 of 5 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Basically, every time a new game comes out on PS3 and Xbox, someone will make a thread wanting the game on the Vita. Why?

Message 4 of 5 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 6, 2012

sorry about that, i didn't realize my link was censored lol.  just replace where it says "dotcom" with a period and you are good to go.

Message 5 of 5 (427 Views)
0 Likes