Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2257 posts

Booted back to XMB??????

8 replies 383 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

Whats causing this?  I started a game, hit continue.  It tried to load and i got booted back to xmb screen of the ps3?

Its a 320 slim, every since the 4.0 to 4.11 my xmb has become hesitant and locky.  The Xmb pauses for lengthy times scrolling thru it and or its locky scrolling thru it for short times.  Its a various condition, depends on what it wants to do.  Acts like it wants to lock up the XMB at times.  Anyhow i sent it in to Sony to get it looked at cause it was still under warranty.  It came back the same, other then the 4.11 patch wasnt installed.  Now it started booting me out of games to the XMB screen.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 1 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Booted back to XMB??????

Jun 14, 2012

Reformat your HDD and dont install anything that you're not using any longer or dont ever plan to use

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Done that tons of times.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 3 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 14, 2012

You're not supposed to do it "tons of times", only when its absolutely necessary.

If you do it so often, im willing to bet every one of your PS3's hdds have degraded performance. Or were you lying about how many PS3's you have the entire time?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Well sony had me do it a ton of times before i sent it to them.  I did it twice before i called then i did it once on phone then it did it automatically when a game froze after i got it back from sony.

Message 5 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Sony reformatted your hdd, because they probably sent you a refurbished PS3.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Do you even read, they made me format it on the phone before sending it to them.  They didnt believe i formated it 2 times prior.  This is the same unit i promise.  Its got exact same problem as i sent it in for.

Message 7 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 15, 2012

You obviously dont understand.... when you send in your PS3, Sony again reformats it.

If you're having so much trouble with your PS3's... you do have the legal obligation to tell Sony to give you a brand new PS3, not a refurbished unit.

But that begs the question... exactly how many times have you sent your PS3 in to Sony? How many times have you sent each PS3 in?

Why do you feel you need 3 PS3s in the first place?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Jun 15, 2012

The 320 one time, cause of their patch that screwed it up.

My 80 gig mgs bundle never had a issue, i hope that patch didnt screw it up and my 120 gig slim never had a issue.  I hope the same for it.  I only use one for gaming and so far its been sent one time and came back the same.  A little added bonus though is that the games exit to xmb occasionally now.

Thats none of your buisness but i got three different rooms.

Message 9 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes