Aug 15 2011
By: adjaso15 First Son 17 posts

Bluetooth Mic problems :(

11 replies 132 views Edited Aug 15, 2011

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my bluetooth mics. Let me start off by saying I have two separate mics, both of them are doing the same thing, and it's been going on for about a week now.

I play Uncharted 2 99% of the time and I haven't tried any other game to see if I get this issue. For some reason I am only able to use my mic in the Uncharted 2 lobby. About 30 seconds after the match starts other people can't hear me. I can hear them, but they say that it sounds all garbled and crackled on their end. Again, this is happening with both mics. I have tried several things to fix the issue.

Deleting and re-pairing my headsets

Restarting my router/modem

Deleting my game data

Switching from a wired connection to a wireless

When I called Sony they told me it may be an issue with my internet connection. I have AT&T Uverse and I pay for the highest package/speed. I have never had any difficulty before with my connection so I don't think it's that. I just did a speedtest and my DL speed is 17.29mbps and upload is 1.45 mbps.

Any suggestions would help. I use my mics all the time for in game communication and it's really an inconvenience to not have one.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Re: Bluetooth Mic problems :(

Aug 15, 2011

the problem is THE BLU-TOOTH MICS

they get feedback from the game sounds. if this is a newer problem, have you started playing louder? maybe on a diffrent tv, surround sound. This is why they can hear you in the lobby just fine. but in game the sounds are throwing it off.

dont believe me. fine. but go into a match with your tv muted and ask if they can hear you fine now. and watch what they say

i had the same issues so switched to a turtle beach headset

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Thanks for responding. Honestly it's been since the lastest system update. Nothing else has changed, same surround sound, same volume level, same tv, and same Internet service/provider/router/connection, same same same. It's frustrating beyond belief. I've never had this problem before. I have a large tv because I sit about 15 feet away, so unfortunately a wired mic really isnt possible (and yes I've tried sitting closer). I'm baffled.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Aug 15, 2011

ok do me a favor though try the mute. maybe nothing has changed. just see if that works. then we will have some idea of what?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Tried muting the TV and it still didn't work. Could it be a connection issue? Someone at Playstation said it may be because when I'm moving around in the match it is sending and receiving more data, causing a lag of some sorts? Again, it has never done this before and nothing else has changed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Aug 15, 2011

weird - is your gameplay lagging at all? besides that im not sure what it would be.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 15, 2011

I used to have the same problem with my official Sony bluetooth mic. It hurt my ear, as well. The solution was to simply swap to a headset. I don't really like wearing a headset, but it's better in every thinkable way. If you communicate with friends a lot, I recommend getting one. You won't regret it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 16, 2011

No lag what-so-ever. I did go out and buy a wired headset today. I look like a pilot. I'll try it later tonight. Thanks guys!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 16, 2011

The problem has gotten more complicated. I went out and bought a wired headset yesterday and the problem still remains. I tried a video chat and playing LBP and it works fine on there. I called sony and they said I needed to enable upnp or something. I don't think my router supports it, so they said I needed to contact Naughtydog and see if there were any specific ports I had to have open to play the game.

Anyone know what I should do?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Aug 16, 2011

ok do me a favor and do an internet connection test on your ps3

tell me what it says for upnp . i have never heard of a router not supporting it

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes