Mar 27 2012
By: SolanumX2 Monster Hunter 39 posts

Blue Screen After Booting Splinter Cell Double Agent.

4 replies 330 views Edited Mar 27, 2012

This morning I went to play Spliner Cell Double Agent with my father and after it tells you it saves to the harddrive it just goes blue. Panicking I quit the game, and took out the disc. I worked up the nerve to try it again after. Same thing. It doesn't seem to do anything harmful to the PS3, as I just played the Trouble with Clones DLC on Saints Row 3 without any issues, and a few missions in Saints Row 2.

I'm still paranoid, though. I was reading about blue screens of death, but on the PC version. Then I read about what BSOD usually means on the PS3, which is a reset to the factory default if left.

I cannot find anyone at all having these issues on the PS3, only PC. So I'm wondering if anyone knows what the hell is going on, or if there's a fix? I don't care about the game, as I didn't even like it anyways, I'm more worried about potential lasting damage to my PS3 if someone else gets the stupid idea of putting it in. I'd just chuck it, but it's not mine, and people rarely listen to me when I tell them it might mess something up, even though I'm usually right about it.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Message 1 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Blue Screen After Booting Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Apr 1, 2012

hey im having the same problem n mine is a direct download from psn!! i would image its a setting issue ??

Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Well I called sony but cant test the fix... I was trying the trial version off psn that plus members get when i got the blue screen.  they told me to uninstall and delte all info related with the game and try to re-install. For me to try this, I would have to buy the game, but  I'm not going to spend money on a game that is unplayable so if you can try this and see if it fixes the issue with the disc version let me know. Thanx

Message 3 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 29, 2012

i have this issue, deleteing and redownloading doesnt fix it,

its NOT a resoloution issue, ive tested with av cables as well.

ive done all the safe mode steps including wiping out the whole damn ps3 and starting over.

this is the only game does this, it happens right about the time the ubisoft logo passes by, you get a bright blue screen.

the audio still plays and contols work. the ps3 still functions for a few mins until it locks up.

im running 4.10, updating to 4.11 to see if that changes anything.

Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Same issue here on my 60GB fat PS3 !! Blue screen, had to reinstall but didn't work than somehow I got that thing running only to find out that Im forever stuck in mission 4 because the character is unable to emerge from the water around the ship.

Has anyone contacted UbiSoft about a refund??

Message 5 of 5 (183 Views)
0 Likes