Dec 22 2012
By: tjtremor First Son 17 posts

Black Ops Declassified POST PATCH 1.02, yes or no?

28 replies 903 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Alright guys, so as you've most likely went over my article about the patch update (in case you missed it, here you go; http://speakingofsomething.com/2012/12/20/cod-back-ops-declassified-update-patch-1-02/ )  

Now the big question is, does it really fix the multiplayer experience?

From my side of things, it has. Everything is A LOT better. I can join matches quicker, nametags pop up when they should, no random screens where I can't do anything... it seems fixed! It's not perfect, however. I've experience the famous "boot out of the match" situation once or twice, but it's nowhere near as frequent as prior to the patch. 

I've read that many are having issues with getting past the lobby screen due to a constant search for players. I have yet to go through that. Maybe it's just a minor bug that simple requires a reboot of the game or simply to wait a couple minutes. This could be due to the large amount of people trying to hop on the new and improved MP experience. 

If you have any other problems, share them here Smiley Happy

Also, in case you would like to read my full review of Black Ops Declassified, head over here; http://speakingofsomething.com/2012/11/29/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review/

Follow me on Twitter for more! @StevenSpassov

-Steve S.
Message 1 of 29 (903 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Black Ops Declassified POST PATCH 1.02, yes or no?

Dec 22, 2012
for me I didn't have any problem playing online on cod but the only thing I noticed in the new patch is that this time I can get into an online game faster when looking for a game lobby. before the patch it used to take me longer time by 1-3 minutes to get into game lobby
Message 2 of 29 (893 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Seems about right. It goes by a lot faster rather than waiting for a couple minutes before getting to play.

-Steve S.
Message 3 of 29 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Honestly. At first it seemed great. now that i play it, more i guess, i havent been able to finish a full match, spy planes chill on the floor more than the sky, i get kicked to the menu 4/5 times. i get booted out of a match lately everytime i join. prior to the update, it was never this bad. i just stopped playing. when i do join a match everyone spams explosives. i die to a strela, spawn to a betty, spawn to a betty. and so forth. i like prestiging and playing with low levels. because the shotguns can literally snipe you. and all you play with at higher levels are shotguns, explosives.

sorey for going a bit off topic. i had to vent, i turned off my vita and im charging it i'll play soon. dont get me wrong the game is fun. but i hate how the community plays. sorry again for the off topic Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 29 (884 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Hey not a problem buddy. 

I have some anger with the game as well Smiley Tongue one of my biggest **bleep**-offs is that I STILL don't have the trophy for completing Operations and Hostiles when I already finished them... It's kinda' sucks but whatever.

Add me and we can game; tjtremor

-Steve S.
Message 5 of 29 (878 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Most people who have stoned this game do so based on its price, if this game would have been priced more realistically (say $20 ~ $29.99) I think it'd have at least scored as high as a 6~.

The fact it took at least two patches to bring the game to a respectable level says a lot. This isn't the PC, games should be launched in a working condition, moreso if they are going to charge you $50 for it~.

Nihilistic brought it on themselves when they priced it so high; would they have been a lot less greedy I'm sure reviewers would have been somewhat more lenient with the game~.

I'm glad you are all having fun though, if this game ever sees a reasonable price I'll probably pick it up, but there's no way I'll use my cash to endorse overpricing due to hype stemming from a franchise~.
Message 6 of 29 (873 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I'm not sure if you read my review yet or not but the game is quite well balanced.

I agree about the price though, it should at least be at $39.99 (after all, it IS a Call of Duty game...) also the price isn't up the Nihilistic. They're the developer, not the publisher. Activision and Sony are the ones who get to agree on a price. 

They really messed up with this release and I am really hoping to see some future support for it because it REALLY is a great game despite its flaws.

-Steve S.
Message 7 of 29 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Just got back from.my snowboard trip. Glad to see there is a patch. Does anyone know if they changed the NAT restrictions? I'm not going to be able to download the patch for awhile.
Message 8 of 29 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 22, 2012
What?!? Thats odd i platinumed it... Brutal.. I never had problems. If its just beaten on normal. Then start over delete your data. But i feel bad if it was veteran.. I mean its non sense you have to do that. But theres a fix i guess to it. The way people play is just rediculous. I got legit sniped in nukehouse with a stakeout.... It was pretty bad. Not like i was damaged either.
Message 9 of 29 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Awesome. By reading ur comments i guess my online experience should be a lot better than before. I have only crashed once but i guess they alredy fixed the crash issue Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 29 (811 Views)
0 Likes