Nov 26 2013
By: airic82 Sackboy 580 posts

Black Friday Deals: Help Me Choose

7 replies 262 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

So I have a $25 GameStop gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and GameStop has three things that interest me:

• The Walking Dead (Vita) - $14.99
  • BioShock Infinite (PS3) - $19.99
  • PS+ 1 Year - $29.99

I already am subscribed to PS+ through February of 2015, so I kind of think I should just wait and not get another year, even though that's on sale. I'm sure Sony will run another promo between now and 2015.

As for TWD, I haven't started the TV show yet (yes, I know how good it is), nor have I ever read the comics. I have heard the game is awesome, even though there are a few hiccups on the Vita version. It seems like a great place.

The same is true with BioShock Infinite. I bought the original on PSN when it was only $5, but haven't played it yet. I've heard awesome things about both.

I'm always hesitent to buy a game when I already have others to play and haven't played anything in the series before.

So that's why I'm asking for feedback.

Thanks!

-Eric

P.S. For those wondering, Amazon actually has the games for the same pricing right now. I could actually pick on up on there, using my credit card points. Too many choices! Smiley Tongue

- Eric

Message 1 of 8 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: Black Friday Deals: Help Me Choose

Nov 26, 2013

I say snag the year of PS+ at GameStop with the gift card, and get the games via Amazon with your points.  ALL THE DEALS!  Smiley Very Happy 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 8 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I say snag the year of PS+ at GameStop with the gift card, and get the games via Amazon with your points.  ALL THE DEALS!  Smiley Very Happy 

Solid advice.

Lots of great PS+ freebies on PS3, your dollars will go the farthest with this choices.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 3 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, I think I would go ahead and extend PS Plus. Most bang for the buck in the long run. As for Walking Dead, personally I think you would appreciate the game much much more if you watch the show first. At least a few seasons.

Feel free to friend me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/aragost.scott
Message 4 of 8 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
822 posts

Nov 26, 2013

All three! lol Honestly though, I am personally getting an extra year of ps plus at gamestop myself even though I have a few years left. Its the bet value for your money even at 50$ reallys so 30$ is a steal. The Walking Dead i amazing. You do not have to watch the tv shows at all in my opinion as the characters and such are more based on the comic book series. Bioshock Infinite is great as well. Would consider it my 2013 Game of the Year so all three are great options and one you should get soon anyways but for that price, ps plus is the best value.

Message 5 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
580 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Thanks, all. I am tempted to grab it all (That's what she said?), but I also shouldn't spend so much in myself. Lol.

That's my attempt to be frugal. It usually gives out, though. Smiley Tongue

I am surprised that most of you chose PS+ over the games. I understand why, but seeing as I already have over a year left, that was the first thing I considered dropping.

Any others want to weigh in?
- Eric

Message 6 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3806 posts

Nov 26, 2013

big sale on used games you might be able to pick up 5-6 used games at Gamesstop.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 7 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Nov 26, 2013
I would get the all 3 haha. I played both games and they are awesome. PS+ is good too. Smiley Happy

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 8 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes