May 16 2013
By: oOAsians2loveOo Monster Hunter 34 posts

Bioshock Infinite Freezing?

5 replies 1170 views Edited May 16, 2013

I tried to find another thread about this before posting, sadly couldn't find anyone else having this problem. :C

I bought Bioshock Infinite the day it came out, and finally maybe 1-2 hours away from the ending.  But when I try to search through crates/trashcans, or pick up the gear that the HandyMan drops, the GUI freezes and doesn't allow me to cancel anything to continue to play. [If you're curious what part I'm exactly talking about, it's when Booker & Elizabeth are on their way to see the Prophet, the elevator explodes so they have to fight all these dudes, etc. etc.] 

Is anyone else having a problem like this? [even if it's not at the same section.]  Should I try to uninstall the game from my HDD and just... Play it all over? =/  Right now I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 6 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: Bioshock Infinite Freezing?

May 16, 2013

Yeah I suggest trying to re-install the game. If that doesn't work try posting this problem on the official Infinite forums. You won't have to start over as long as you keep your safe file.

Message 2 of 6 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

May 16, 2013

Firstly, here is the Official forum for BioShock Infinite

http://forums.2kgames.com/forumdisplay.php?116-BioShock-Infinite-General-Game-Discussion

First, try deleting the Game Data for the game itself. Start up the game again after you do and reinstall the game. Doing this you won't affect the saved files you have on your HHD. Do not touch the Saved Data that's located in a different tab.

I haven't played the game since I plat it a big ago, but they may of released a patch for the game. Did you download a patch before it all happen?

You can also try playing the game while offline of PSN. It can help if that is the problem.

YB

Message 3 of 6 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

I did patch the game maybe a few weeks ago? I wasn't seeing any problems until a few days ago. [With the freezing GUI]

I did try to play offline, sadly didn't have any effect on the game.  I'll uninstall it and see what happens. > n<

EDIT::

I found that some others are having the same problem in the official forums, but no one has responded to them =/  They found a temporary fix to delete some save files but in that case I'm better off starting over since I don't know where the corrupt save file could be. Oh Well.

Message 4 of 6 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

May 17, 2013
OK there are 2 options. 1st.... Delete the GAME data NOT THE SAVE DATA. If that doesn't work try option 2...... Put the system in safe mode and use the option rebuild database. That will find and delete the corrupt data and/or system files that could be causing the issue.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 5 of 6 (1,134 Views)
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
34 posts

May 18, 2013

Thanks for letting me know these tips. The first one didn't work sadly.  But when I looked up information about "rebuild database", It says it'll delete a lot of things on my PS3 that I don't want to lose. [The big one is Playlist, which I'm assuming Music Playlist]  

Message 6 of 6 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes