Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2013
By: mildfine2 First Son 5 posts

Big Defect on Playstation Plus system!

8 replies 252 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

I have been on hundreds of websites and I always paid without any issues. I was never forced to bind my credit card to my account to pay anything. After the PSN hack, I don't trust Sony and even if you tell me that once the subscription is active I can simply remove the credit card information and once that's omplete I can just take it off, it'll be like it was never there? Don't be stupid, that's what we all said before the april-mai hack... Well, I should have the choice, if I don't want to give you my informations, you should not make it a requirement. I don't understand why ? 

Message 1 of 9 (252 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30406 posts

Re: Big Defect on Playstation Plus system!

Dec 31, 2012

mildfine2 wrote:

I have been on hundreds of websites and I always paid without any issues. I was never forced to bind my credit card to my account to pay anything. After the PSN hack, I don't trust Sony and even if you tell me that once the subscription is active I can simply remove the credit card information and once that's omplete I can just take it off, it'll be like it was never there? Don't be stupid, that's what we all said before the april-mai hack... Well, I should have the choice, if I don't want to give you my informations, you should not make it a requirement. I don't understand why ? 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Use PSN cards then.

Message 2 of 9 (241 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Dec 31, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

mildfine2 wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Use PSN cards then.

^This. I don't have my CC stored.

Message 3 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I already have the code, but I can't activate my PS+ membership because I need to put my Credit card
Message 4 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Dec 31, 2012

mildfine2 wrote:

Your credit card is safer in Sony's hands than most. My xbox live account was hacked and over 300 dollars stolen out of it and spent on Fifa 12. Same thing happened to my brother. Same Fifa nonsense too. We don't share account info with people, we're adults. I got my money refunded and then some and a year of gold but it wasn't worth it. No ones money was stolen when the PSN was attacked. The FIFA hack is still rampant. Google it. MS and EA won't stop it because they have profited over 40 million dollars from it. 

Message 5 of 9 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Dec 31, 2012

mildfine2 wrote:
I already have the code, but I can't activate my PS+ membership because I need to put my Credit card

I don't recall having to enter my CC when I activated my PS+ membership bought from GameStop (not direct from Sony).

Message 6 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5709 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

xClayMeow wrote:

mildfine2 wrote:

I don't recall having to enter my CC when I activated my PS+ membership bought from GameStop (not direct from Sony).

I think he's referring to those trial codes that come in the bundled packages. In that case, you need to have a credit card on hand to use the ps+ trial.

Message 7 of 9 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 31, 2012
You didn't pay for the trial, so I don't see what the fuss is about. Sony offers the trial on a basis of you adding your CC to your account for the membership to renew if you don't cancel it. Buy a membership card if you really want it, otherwise just use it and be over with it. These days CC companies have better security, suspicious activity puts transactions on hold and CC loaners credit any money you lose with sufficient evidence. We're heading into 2013, I don't understand why you're so worried, but that's on you. Good luck.
Message 8 of 9 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Message 9 of 9 (192 Views)
0 Likes