Highlighted
Jul 16 2013
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

Bid for Greatness Opens, Own a Piece of PlayStation History

[ Edited ]
124 replies 2239 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

You know that Greatness Awaits, but did you know that you can bid on it? Today sees the launch of BidForGreatness.com, a one-of-a-kind auction house showcasing ultra-rare PlayStation memorabilia seen in PlayStation’s Greatness Awaits brand film during E3. If you win a bid, you’ll be the owner of an exclusive, real-life piece of PlayStation history.

BidForGreatness_PR-FINAL-KEY-ART.jpg

Vist BidForGreatness.com, log in, and start bidding!

Here’s how it works: You’ll log into BidForGreatness.com using your PSN ID. The site will tally all of your hard-earned Gold Trophies, and you’ll use them to bid on 15 unique items (don’t worry, you’ll keep the actual Trophies associated with your PSN ID). You’ll bid on the items you want using Gold Trophies and skip the ones you don’t. Each day will see a new item go up for bid for just 24 hours, so be sure to check back often!

Of course, you’ll want to think strategically. Spend all your Gold Trophies in one shot to try and score your dream item, or split your proceeds and go for several? The choice is yours. And the best part is, if you’re short on Gold Trophies you can earn some on your PS3 and PS Vita then come back to bid again.

One other note; if you don't end up winning the item you use your Gold Trophies for, don't worry, they'll be back to use for the next one. 

Message 7 of 125 (2,239 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Bid for Greatnesss: acquire PS4 trailer props using gold trophies

Jul 16, 2013

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/16/bid-for-greatness-opens-own-a-piece-of-playstation-history...

Seems pretty cool. Good luck to all you trophy hunters who try for this, I might throw all of mine on something, not sure what.

Message 1 of 125 (2,182 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: Bid for Greatnesss: acquire PS4 trailer props using gold trophies

Jul 16, 2013

I almost forgot about this.

Awesome promo, but with trophies being so easy to hack, it kind of takes away the fun / chances of most legit trophy hunters winning anything.

I expect to see more than half of those items up for sale on eBay afterwards...

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 125 (2,173 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Im looking at the first bid and its like 451 gold trophies seriously doubt I will be getting anything but I will throw mine at something
Message 3 of 125 (2,164 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Subion wrote:
Im looking at the first bid and its like 451 gold trophies seriously doubt I will be getting anything but I will throw mine at something

Yeah, the costumes / props are cool -- but personally, I think I'd much rather have that concept art.

It looks slick, plus, it's something I could frame and put up in my library.

Sadly, I doubt my 150 Gold would be enough to get it.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 125 (2,160 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jul 16, 2013
That looks cool....Sadly I only have 10 gold trophies :\
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 5 of 125 (2,159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Jul 16, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Subion wrote:

Yeah, the costumes / props are cool -- but personally, I think I'd much rather have that concept art.

It looks slick, plus, it's something I could frame and put up in my library.

Sadly, I doubt my 150 Gold would be enough to get it.

I know thats what I was eyeing but sadly I will not be getting one either seems unfair to the low gold trophy bidders

Message 6 of 125 (2,143 Views)
Last Guardian
11831 posts

Re: Bid for Greatness Opens, Own a Piece of PlayStation History

Jul 16, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

You know that Greatness Awaits, but did you know that you can bid on it? Today sees the launch of BidForGreatness.com, a one-of-a-kind auction house showcasing ultra-rare PlayStation memorabilia seen in PlayStation’s Greatness Awaits brand film during E3. If you win a bid, you’ll be the owner of an exclusive, real-life piece of PlayStation history.

BidForGreatness_PR-FINAL-KEY-ART.jpg

Vist BidForGreatness.com, log in, and start bidding!

Here’s how it works: You’ll log into BidForGreatness.com using your PSN ID. The site will tally all of your hard-earned Gold Trophies, and you’ll use them to bid on 15 unique items (don’t worry, you’ll keep the actual Trophies associated with your PSN ID). You’ll bid on the items you want using Gold Trophies and skip the ones you don’t. Each day will see a new item go up for bid for just 24 hours, so be sure to check back often!

Of course, you’ll want to think strategically. Spend all your Gold Trophies in one shot to try and score your dream item, or split your proceeds and go for several? The choice is yours. And the best part is, if you’re short on Gold Trophies you can earn some on your PS3 and PS Vita then come back to bid again.

One other note; if you don't end up winning the item you use your Gold Trophies for, don't worry, they'll be back to use for the next one. 

it doesnt work for me, it thinks im not in north america

>

Message 8 of 125 (2,228 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13616 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Edit: Never mind. I get it now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 125 (2,222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Jul 16, 2013
sounds interesting would love to own a piece of greatness.
Message 10 of 125 (2,219 Views)
0 Likes