Nov 18 2012
By: andrewmc87 First Son 11 posts

Bible games for ps3!!

[ Edited ]
29 replies 1370 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

I pay for ps plus and they should make Bible games to honor our lovely Father and teach the word of Jesus.

Message 1 of 30 (1,370 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Bible games for ps3!!

Nov 18, 2012
Ha.
Message 2 of 30 (1,364 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10395 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Haven't seen any lately, but I only seen Bible games for the old Nintendo.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 3 of 30 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39433 posts

Nov 18, 2012

andrewmc87 wrote:

I pay for ps plus and they should make Bible games to honor our lovely Father and teach the word of Jesus.

Sorry but I really don't think there's the market for material like this, not for the PS3/VITA anyway.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 30 (1,353 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 18, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

andrewmc87 wrote:

Sorry but I really don't think there's the market for material like this, not for the PS3/VITA anyway.

I'm afraid the closest we are going to get are games like Castlevannia and Devil May Cry, which depict the battle between good and evil with religious overtones. Also there is  El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which also has religious overtones.

I don't suggest you play Bayonetta, the subject matter may upset you....

Message 5 of 30 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 18, 2012
We already honor our creator by enjoying our precious lives doing something that makes us happy, which in turn makes our creator happy, playing video games. No need for a game about Jesus, it'll sell 1 copy, you'd be the only one to buy it.
Message 6 of 30 (1,335 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9299 posts

Nov 18, 2012

andrewmc87 wrote:

Religion is dead to me.

Message 7 of 30 (1,329 Views)
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Well.. Call of Duty is all about bringing the good message to the heathens and sandcoons in the land of the devil. So..

Seriously, though. Bible-themed games turn up fairly often, actually. Or, since religion of different kinds is so present in popular culture and of course everyday life, once in a while you get games with stories that have very distinct religious overtones and themes. But they're never reviewed in those terms on gaming sites, of course... since they are all run by heathens and cultural vacuums..

Like, for example:
-Resonance of Fate. This is a religious fable from start to finish. Overtly and not so obviously with comments on faith and belief, and the nature of it, towards what it really means in practice. And to questions about mortality, heaven, absolution and sin. They mix in a lot of philosophy and of course the breakage between Shinto and Buddhism (which is natural, coming from Japan) - but it's extremely obvious from the very first scene in the game that this is all about religion and belief, fate and determination. Never hides it, never visits it with any flippancy either.

-Vampire - The Masquerade: These are two games, both are excellent stories. And, like a lot of Vampire lore, this is completely steeped in religious themes and specifically Christian religious themes. The first game has you play a Knight who (obviously) falls from grace by... coveting a nurse's touch in his imagination. And by enjoying the heat of battle a bit too much Smiley Very Happy Seriously... It's from before games looked like God of War. The second game is less obvious, but the philosophy it brings along in the writing is... among others... Sawyer at Troika, and now Obsidian, going amok with politics and religion. Which is of course deep and serious, and with very little grotesqueness explicitly, but a lot of it implied and served subtly in the other way.

(Look out for Obsidian's next game as well - Project Eternity).

Have to admit I am glad I can't think of a game that specifically is about preaching religion, though. But that I can think of several that explore religion, explicitly and critically.

Closest thing to a sermon you can get is probably El Shaddai, like said above. It has all the parts, really. Long, droning speeches, monotonous and repetitive tasks, no progression, overuse and overreliance on flowery images and language to the point of obtuse triteness. And not to forget it's terminally boring.

But yeah. Actually would love to see the Playstation community guys tackle a "religiously themed games" section on the psn. Would indeed be good for a laugh. And possibly a condemnation from the pope, that sort of thing.
Message 8 of 30 (1,321 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Sorry to sidestep the topic a little bit, but I am excited to see games that feature historical events, like the Assassin's creed series. I think games like this will educate, inspire, and entertain people all at the same time...
Message 9 of 30 (1,302 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Yes, they spend so much time on fake things when we should spend indeeeped more time on ACTUAL and real events!

Jesus bless you

Message 10 of 30 (1,293 Views)