Oct 09 2013
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22615 posts

Beyond: Two Souls 73 out of 100 score?

[ Edited ]
35 replies 646 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/beyond-two-souls

I want to play this game even more..

since i don't know.. popular games that have high ratings.. for some reason didnt really stand out much to me..

Assassin creed, Modern warfare, GTA IV or V.. bioshock infinite.. etc...

Bioshock infiniat has a 95  (i think ) but it didn't worth a replay for me..

so maybe i like games like this better..  

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 36 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Beyond: Two Souls 73 out of 100 score?

Oct 9, 2013

Yeah, the fact that people are so divided actually makes it all the more enticing, for sure. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 36 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 9, 2013

It makes me interested. I almost feel it is like the movies that only some people just "get". You need to be part of the minority of reviewers to get the full grasp of the character development. That is according to some of the higher scored reviews, anyway.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 36 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

The IGN review pointed to Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy though.. The game was as basic to understand as an episode of Barney.

If you didn't understand that game you are in deep deep trouble mentally.

Actually though if it is like that. It's going to be the best game of the year for me. If it surpasses Indigo Prophecy in story writing that would be a shock, that script is absolutely mind blowing.

So I guess. here is hoping it's "Awful and not understandable" like Indigo Prophecy.

Message 4 of 36 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I have the game and  it definitely is a different type of game. It doesn't rely on shooting everything that breathes. Some of the game mechanics takes some use in getting the hang of but I am enjoying it.  The quick time events rely on reading the position of where the actions are coming from.  I would however recommend people to play it and give it a chance. 

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 36 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Its a David Cage game. His last was Heavy Rain. Either you like his style or you don't as there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with his games.

Message 6 of 36 (555 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

Its a David Cage game. His last was Heavy Rain. Either you like his style or you don't as there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with his games.

That is exactly it. Quantic Dream makes unique, cinematic experiences and they will either click with you or they won't.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 36 (551 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6026 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

Agreed, I don't bother depending on reviews or others opinions but my own (Despite having a KZ Mercenary Review thread). If I did, I wouldn't have bought N4S Most Wanted, AC3 Liberation, and Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Jak Collection versions for my Vita (just to name a few) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience (and still am for a few). In actuality, I think if I listened to people around me and critics, I wouldn't own a Vita - love it way more than others. 

To each their own, I loved Fahrenheit (Uncut Indigo Prophecy), Heavy Rain (x2, Regular and Move Version), and I'm most likely going to love Beyond Two Souls. Going to grab it... after I beat Far Cry 3 (holy crap that game is long...). Need a break from shooters, something.. different Smiley Wink!  

Message 8 of 36 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013
I don't trust reviews. Look at gamespot with its gta v review knocking one point off because the tranny feminist reviewer labeled it as anti-woman.

Heavy rain was probably the best game I've ever played. Never experienced so much emotion in a game. This Is sure to equal it.

P. s if you look at IGN review of beyond two souls the reviewer gave it a 6/10 whereas the user score is 9/10. That says a lot. A reviewer can spew out his own beliefs just to get the paycheck but it never will match up to what the gamers say.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 36 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
379 posts

Oct 10, 2013

this game is epic trust me...

only 2 games deserve goty this year..

TLOU and Beyond...

this game deserves no less than a 9 or 8.5

Message 10 of 36 (461 Views)