First Son
24 posts

Re: Beware of auto renewals on PlayStation Plus!

Jan 20, 2013

For those who are adults it doesn't. 

Message 11 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 20, 2013
It is his fault for not reading it, it is also kind of cheap that Sony puts it on auto resubscribe, especially with 1 month trials.
Message 12 of 17 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 20, 2013
i think companies should beware of customers like you. your a nightmare for customer service . its always your fault but you never see it that way
Equality for all
Message 13 of 17 (201 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 16, 2014

How do you turn it off?

Message 14 of 17 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1957 posts

Jun 16, 2014

bamahollis88 wrote:
It is his fault for not reading it, it is also kind of cheap that Sony puts it on auto resubscribe, especially with 1 month trials.

That's precisely why they do these limited trials, they know it will auto-renew into a full subscription. All companies do it, and have done since automatic payments have been around, regardless of industry. It's also why a lot of companies make you call them to stop the renewal or service, rather than a simple option online like they have to hook you in. They make it hard to escape, and employ customer retention staff that obfusicate the exit process by passing you around endlessly and ignoring your request.

tldr; all companies hook you in but make it hard to escape.

Message 15 of 17 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2014

Hahah when I got my PS4 nd was going to subscribe to PS+ with the code, I was so angry to find out that you could only use the code if you had a CC! I hd to spend the 10 Dollar PSN Voucher! Only use Vouchers for Playstation and the like, that's what I do!

Message 16 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2014

Gotta love all the fanboys defending Sony for this. I have fallen into that trap once too, when my brother entered a PS Plus voucher that was supposed to give him a month free. It then auto-renewed without any warning and fortunately it was only for a month. 

Auto-renewal should be turned off by default if Sony really cared for us. Also, the PS Plus auto-renewal is not a very easy switch to find. It was hidden under subscriptions for me, after searching the whole menu for it. 

I love Sony, but I'm not biased enough to defend them for such a nasty move.

Mod Edit: This is an old thread and is now closed. Please check dates before posting.
Check here for more information.
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

Message 17 of 17 (88 Views)