Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: Violetzoya Lombax Warrior 162 posts

Better full games for US PS+?

19 replies 612 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

The EU store has been consistently getting superior games compared to the US. Hasn't the EU store already had Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham City, Deus Ex, Dead Space 2 and now Sleeping Dogs?

The most recent big name titles we've gotten have been out for almost 3 years or more (Resident Evil 5, Bioshock 2 & Darksiders??).

EU is getting GotY caliber titles and we're getting junk. Granted Bioshock 2 was decent, but come on...

Message 1 of 20 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Better full games for US PS+?

Jan 31, 2013

There weren't enough topics about this already, so you had to create another one? :rolleyes:

Aside from the fact that the NA and EU markets are different, everyone's tastes are different as well. You can never please all the people all the time. Suck it up and stop with these crap threads.

Message 2 of 20 (603 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Violetzoya wrote:

The EU store has been consistently getting superior games compared to the US. Hasn't the EU store already had Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham City, Deus Ex, Dead Space 2 and now Sleeping Dogs?

The most recent big name titles we've gotten have been out for almost 3 years or more (Resident Evil 5, Bioshock 2 & Darksiders??).

EU is getting GotY caliber titles and we're getting junk. Granted Bioshock 2 was decent, but come on...

IMO you are distorting the issue a bit. With the exception of Sleeping Dogs, most of the full titles are more than a year old. Bioshock 2, RE5, and Darksiders were also offered to the EU.

Since we only get weekly updates, it is very possible that we might get Sleeping Dogs too...

Message 3 of 20 (591 Views)
Sackboy
551 posts

Feb 1, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:
 Aside from the fact that the NA and EU markets are different, everyone's tastes are different as well. You can never please all the people all the time. Suck it up and stop with these crap threads.

Aside from FIFA (EU) vs Madden (NA), there is little difference between the two markets when considering high-demand games.  Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed,  Elder Scrolls, etc are among the top selling games of 2012 for both EU and NA.

Message 4 of 20 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I hope they add Dead Space 2 next week, since its sequel is coming out the same day. Crysis 3 is set to release on Feb 19th, so Crysis 2 would be nice for the 2nd week of the month. Crysis 3 comes with a free copy of Crysis 1, so this would make people interested in buying Crysis 3 right away.
Message 5 of 20 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 should have come out a couple of months ago, that way people would actually have time to beat both of them. That way more people would preorder it, that way it would make the developers more money.

Message 6 of 20 (531 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Yeah, I was going to mention that. I don't know why Sony/THQ waited until now to give us Darksiders 1. It would have been fantastic in July or August. I'm happy they finally put it on PS+, though. It's a lot of fun. I still feel disappointed that it wasn't something like Darksiders 2 or Saints Row 3 because THQ is no more.

Something similar happened with RE5. It was free for PS+ in Europe before RE6 was released, but NA had to wait a few weeks. It would've been a great game for October and a good promotion for its sequel.

It's a good idea either to have promotional titles last 3 months, overlapping with their sequel's release, or make them free 1 week before the sequel launches at the latest, so that people get to finish them.
Message 7 of 20 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

@Crusher201 nailed it. I always though that SCEA had a horribly timing. Darksiders should have been free before Darksiders 2 came out. The same with Resident Evil. It would have been awesome if they offered Assassin¡s Creed 2 before AC3. And now i would like to play Dead Space 1 (already bought DS2 when they offered a discount). They all are 3 or more years old games, so i can't imagine they are hard to get for the Instant Game Collection. It's not like we ask the latest titles, even though amazingly Europe got a game that is less than one year old! An AAA title!!!

Message 8 of 20 (485 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1332 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Would ever some stop crying about multiple there's for **bleep** sake more the better more threads more sony will pay attention
Message 9 of 20 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Would you please say that one more time, but this time us English.
Message 10 of 20 (368 Views)