Nov 29 2013
By: Phillyblunzz Hekseville Citizen 394 posts

Bestbuy Canada not honoring Black Friday deal?

12 replies 225 views Edited Nov 29, 2013

So the PS Blog told of $29.99 for a year of PS PLUS, the first place the mention is BESTBUY.

A person asked if Canada would get these deals or just the US.

The Blog poster responded that Canada would get the deal.

I go into Bestbuy yesturday and ask, they said they would sell it at that price the next day (today)

So I go in today and they try to charge me $49.99/yr!!!!

The store employees know about the deal, but cant do anything about the computer saying what the price is.

Talked to a guy and he said they were expecting Sony to call and tell them to mark down the prices, but it didnt happen!?!?!?

So I am a little ticked, I had told a few family members I would pick them some up, I waited in line for 1/2 hour, and then am told to F off more or less.

Has anyone gotten the deal in Canada?  Can anyone post a link to anything official saying this deal is going down besides the PS Blog?

The funny thing is Bestbuy has this big sign  "We price match any price online, in store, or anywhere else"

Anywhere else?  Except the US?  Except the same company?

I am bummed, anyone know of any actual Black Friday sales in Canada?

Anyone know if I can actually get a yr of plus for $29.99 anywhere in Canada?

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 1 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12009 posts

Re: Bestbuy Canada not honoring Black Friday deal?

Nov 29, 2013
Since Black Friday is more of a us thing than it is for canada you can't go expecting a store to pricematch a sale price for a American location of a store..

>

Message 2 of 13 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 29, 2013
And you also can't expect them to price match a different currency.
Message 3 of 13 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Teus wrote:
Since Black Friday is more of a us thing than it is for canada you can't go expecting a store to pricematch a sale price for a American location of a store..

I'm more upset with the PS Blog poster stating that CAnada would be included in the deals.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/22/black-friday-deals-for-ps3-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

Here is the question and answer:

Biggz124 on November 22nd, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Will we have any deals like this in Canada?

Crystal MacKenzie on November 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

There will be a Plus offer in Canada for Black Friday.

Who is this Crystal Mackenzie and why does she lie so badly?

You would think Sony would watch what the people on their blog say and make sure they are not lieing through their teeth, lol.

If she tells the truth where and what is this deal she speaks of?

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 4 of 13 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 29, 2013

johngie wrote:
And you also can't expect them to price match a different currency.

Ya cause our dollars are so different.

We at like 98% or more of your dollars value, I would gladly pay the less then 2% difference.

Anyone tell me the math, what is 2% of $29.99?   I bet its a lot!

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Message 5 of 13 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12009 posts

Nov 29, 2013
The person may have been simply misinformed..
>

Message 6 of 13 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Teus wrote:
The person may have been simply misinformed..

Ya think?

Oh well its not like anyone wasted their time trying to find a deal that doesnt exist because of her statement.......

Oh wait.....

Even now the post is still there, why dont they take it down or post a correction?

How many others will fall into her spider web of lies(Or as you say simple incompetence) before this day is done?

She is just lucky I ma not angry, she wouldnt like me when I am angry!!!

LMFAO, JK.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Message 7 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Any Candaians find any good Black friday sales?

There is a lot of talk about canada joining the fun, last year I got some great deals, this yr sucks.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Message 8 of 13 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Nov 29, 2013
LOL they were expecting Sony themselves to call them? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA what's next? Sony's gonna give me a call for kicks?
Message 9 of 13 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 29, 2013

ThugEffingLife wrote:
LOL they were expecting Sony themselves to call them? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA what's next? Sony's gonna give me a call for kicks?

Is it funny?  Is it also funny watching these same employees walk through the store?

HAve you been in one of these stores lately?  Go take a look, I bet you see at least one guy wearing a Wiiu shirt, guess who he is?

A WiiU rep of course.

Oh you think they meant the name on the sign was going to become animated and use a telephone, that is good.

-Yes sony reps call and even visit the stores when they have offical discounts on official sony products, such as Playstation plus.

-No letters can not come to life and use telephones (At least not that i have seen)

-No you do not sell Sony merchandise legally, they will not come over to your house and mark down your mom. (Or anything else)

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Message 10 of 13 (131 Views)
0 Likes