First Son
10 posts

Re: Best way to free up space using a External HD on PS3

Apr 17, 2012

ya ok thats what i figured there in lies my problem you can only do that 5 times then it does not let you do it anymore, which i have done my 5 times have been used up so i wouldnt be able to do it again, so im not sure on how to get around that

Message 11 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 17, 2012

You're permitted unlimited downloads of your purchased game content on up to two of your consoles. You aren't likely to run into an activation limit, but if you do, you can deactivate all of your machines every six months.

Don't erase your original hard drive until you are absolutely sure all of your backup data made it onto the new drive. To be on the safe side, you should also maintain a manual backup of game saves onto a spare USB thumb drive or PlayStation Plus Online Storage using Saved Data Utility.

Before you run the Backup Utility to make the backup, go into Safe Mode and use the Restore File System and Rebuild Database commands. Ignore the warning about corrupted data on the HDD.

Message 12 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 17, 2012

so if i deactivate my account on lets say system A it shouldn't affect my account on system B and then i should be able to recover my account on system A after i swap out my internal? and like i said i plan to do a full back up onto an external either way, i clicked on link for safe mode but jsut took me to a page to enter my problem can you elaborate on what you mean by safe mode and all of that?

Message 13 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Refresh the page for Safe Mode. It should load an entire article on Safe Mode, not just a page to enter your error code or search terms.

Deactivating your account on one system shouldn't affect your account on another system.

Message 14 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 17, 2012

sadly it still just takes me to "the knowledge center" but good to know about deactivating accounts on one system thanks

Message 15 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 17, 2012

also one last thing, my friend is in the process of trying to swap his internal HD out and keeps getting an error message saying that update 4.10 needed to be on the external, how do you make sure that 4.10 is on the external and how to go about getting on there

Message 16 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 17, 2012
Message 17 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes