17 replies 7 views Edited Nov 7, 2011

if u have a phone that has hotspot,I dont think u'll need 2 buy a 3G version

Message 1 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Re: Best option is: Wi-Fi

Nov 7, 2011

you might be disappointed. Its been said you cant borrow your phones internet to use on the ps vita

Message 2 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 8, 2011

@NGP_Requiem and where did you get that info? it seems verizon knows something you do not. I say that because on one of verizons commercials they have 5 devices connected to a 3G/4G hotspot. it clearly shows ps vita as one of them.

sounds more like a rumor then anything. since Sony has not released any word on this matter anyway.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 3 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 8, 2011

Q: Can you access the Internet by connecting PS Vita to a Bluetooth supported cell phone?

A: No.

http://www.qj.net/ps-vita/news/sony-releases-playstation-vita-faqs.html

sorry let me clarify. you can not use bluetooth to connect vita to your phone to use the phone's 3g.

Your right on the verizon wireless however. This 'portable router' or 'mobile hotspot' can be used to connect up to 5 wifi enabled devices, as it converts the 4g/3g signal into wifi.

Message 4 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 8, 2011

@NGP_Requiem thank you for the info. yeah if it turns the 4G/3G into a wifi connection it sould work. just will not work threw bluetooth.

when I think of using your phone as a hotspot I think of changing the 3G/4G signal into wifi. Since the psp go could not do it threw bluetooth I did not think it would work with ps vita. sure the bluetooth on the ps vita is a newer version then what the psp go had but probably for you to do that it needs to be bluetooth version 3.0 or 4.0 or higher. either way I do not know about alot of that stuff anyway.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 5 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Nov 8, 2011

I don't have a Smart Phone and I don't plan on paying $39.99 on a plan just to use the phone plus the $25 just for the data plan and the other $20 to even have the hotspot feature enabled.

Best Option: 3g

At least for me.

My awesome website .
Message 6 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 8, 2011

I can't imagine many people purchasing a 3G data plan just for the Vita, I think those that do buy it won't keep doing it long-term. It would be far more desirable if you could piggyback the Vita on a pre-existing data plan you might already have for your cell phone or iPad...

Message 7 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 8, 2011

@Logical_Dolphin for me personally I do not need to always be connected so wifi only model is good enough for me. also there is nothing the 3G/Wifi model has that the Wifi only model does not have that I would use.

Message 8 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Nov 8, 2011

I will be getting the Wi-fi version for the same reason others have said. I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot so I'll just use that. I already do it with my Wifi tab and PSP so I may as well use it with this too

Message 9 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 8, 2011

Wi-Fi model is a better option

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 10 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes