Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Best Resident Evil Game

Apr 24, 2013
Tiny - Seriously? Play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame, and tell me what you think.

Horror - To your quote replies, first off, RE6 reviews should not be trusted, by me, or anyone else, even big reviewers like IGN, because it's all personal opinion. Horror said he enjoyed it, I did not, personal opinion. Too bad they don't got a demo for the guy..

Secondly, I think the later RE's were more based off of what the movies showed. More action, less scare. Similar to how Silent Hill Homecoming was such a resemblance to the movie. I miss "that guy", he is what made the whole series for me, and this "new guy" in RE6 really sucked, imo. Well, compared to him anyway. I agree, in scare, choose RE1, if you have to choose 1-3, you might as well just start from 1, and work your way up.

A lot of people say 2 is the best, I say 3, but if your going to choose between the first 3, might as well start from the roots. Plus, their PSone Classics on sale, you could prob get all 3 for like 15 bucks, that's one 20 dollar psn card..

Cyber - I agree, the overall story to the RE franchise has been nothing close to impressive. Like I stated before, the characters and their backgrounds, is what you need to pa more attention to, not the story itself. Each game has a pretty different plot, but all the characters through the series, intertwine throughout the games, so if you played from the first RE, all the way through, in order, then you will attach to these characters, but the stories of the games are all pretty much different.

RE4 is the one that transitioned from horror to action, RE5 just added more action to what RE4 already did to the series, which isn't a bad thing. I enjoyed RE5 a lot more than 6, and 4 a lot more than any other RE game. Though, 3 is a very close one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 31 of 53 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I just wanted to say that after playing all of the games in the series (except RE6), that I would have to choose RE2, RE: Code Veronica, and RE1, as my favorites from the series.

I just wish that RE: Code Veronica was playable on the PS Vita and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

But, if you are going to play the older ones on your PS Vita, I would go in order from 1-3.

Even though I didn't like RE3, I think it served it's purpose of furthering the storyline enough to warrant a play-through.

Message 32 of 53 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 24, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Horror - To your quote replies, first off, RE6 reviews should not be trusted, by me, or anyone else, even big reviewers like IGN, because it's all personal opinion. Horror said he enjoyed it, I did not, personal opinion. Too bad they don't got a demo for the guy..

Secondly, I think the later RE's were more based off of what the movies showed. More action, less scare. Similar to how Silent Hill Homecoming was such a resemblance to the movie. I miss "that guy", he is what made the whole series for me, and this "new guy" in RE6 really sucked, imo. Well, compared to him anyway. I agree, in scare, choose RE1, if you have to choose 1-3, you might as well just start from 1, and work your way up.

A lot of people say 2 is the best, I say 3, but if your going to choose between the first 3, might as well start from the roots. Plus, their PSone Classics on sale, you could prob get all 3 for like 15 bucks, that's one 20 dollar psn card..

Cyber - I agree, the overall story to the RE franchise has been nothing close to impressive. Like I stated before, the characters and their backgrounds, is what you need to pa more attention to, not the story itself. Each game has a pretty different plot, but all the characters through the series, intertwine throughout the games, so if you played from the first RE, all the way through, in order, then you will attach to these characters, but the stories of the games are all pretty much different.

RE4 is the one that transitioned from horror to action, RE5 just added more action to what RE4 already did to the series, which isn't a bad thing. I enjoyed RE5 a lot more than 6, and 4 a lot more than any other RE game. Though, 3 is a very close one.

i played the demo like a week before it came out, that played a random 10 minutes for each of the 3 characters.

Message 33 of 53 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I really like both 5 and 6, but probably only because I played them with another person. Everyone said that 6 wasnt difficult but with 2 people ammo was pretty scarce. Maybe I just get jumpy easily, but I felt parts of it were creepy. It was mostly because of the sound effects; they were great. I also liked how the overarching story was told from different perspectives. Completely worth it at the sale price imo.

Message 34 of 53 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 24, 2013

torch1177 wrote:

I really like both 5 and 6, but probably only because I played them with another person. Everyone said that 6 wasnt difficult but with 2 people ammo was pretty scarce. Maybe I just get jumpy easily, but I felt parts of it were creepy. It was mostly because of the sound effects; they were great. I also liked how the overarching story was told from different perspectives. Completely worth it at the sale price imo.

is resident evil 6 couch co-op? or online co-op?

Message 35 of 53 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

torch1177 wrote:

is resident evil 6 couch co-op? or online co-op?

I did couch co-op, but I believe it has both.

Message 36 of 53 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 24, 2013
well, id rather have couch, so i guess ill buy 6. thanks.
Message 37 of 53 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

Both RE5 and RE6 allow you to play co-op via split-screen or online.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 38 of 53 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 24, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Oh no way chief dont recommend 2 more even scarier games for me i dont think I'll be able to make it through them lol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 39 of 53 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

Both RE5 and RE6 allow you to play co-op via split-screen or online.

does 5 have multiple campaigns? 6 has 3.

Message 40 of 53 (77 Views)
0 Likes