Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
566 posts

Re: Best Resident Evil Game

Apr 24, 2013
RE4 is one of the best games I played on ps2. It's really long and it does get scary towards the end although when you run out of ammo you'll scream. It's fun there's a lot of stuff to collect like treasures. Get 4 its the best.
Message 21 of 53 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Resident Evil 1 has horrible voice acting, and is definitely not aesthetically pleasing by today's standards. However, it lends some great pop up horror, and the environment makes slow moving Zombies a major threat due to smaller spaces. The puzzles are also well done. You'll approach the game with strategy stapled to every bit of action taken.

Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorites. It is twice larger than RE1 with two complete stories that intersect in the timeline. The areas are slightly larger, but it insults your intelligence far less.

Resident Evil 3 was the weakest of the PlayStation One games in my opinion. But, the ending is shocking, and the time constraints due to a monster chasing you down throughout most of the game creates tension, and that tension is welcomed whenever you're playnig a horror game of course.

Resident Evil Code Veronica was the best for the PS2 era in my opinion. It maintains the same appeal and gameplay seen in the first two games. The levels and environments are HUGE, the story and trigger points are the best in the series. Lots of strategy and thinking required, and exploring such a large environment is enjoyable.

Resident Evil 4 breaks the mold by giving us faster and far more intelligent zombies that can weild weapons and try to flank you. Due to this, there's some very intense parts to the game. There are sections where you need to hand hold an NPC, and that's not as enjoyable. Some boss fights are nothing more than waves of more difficult opponents that you've seen before. But overall, it's this game that revived the series, so it should definitely be played. If you're interested in the story though, I recommend playing RE 2 as the protagonist's back story resides in that installment.

Resident Evil 5 is a horrible game for me. It takes survival horror and attempts to transform it into an action game. The problem is, it maintains the control scheme of earlier Resident Evil games, and that ends up making it feel like a clunky action game. I don't think there's a single moment that will scare you.

Resident Evil 6 is a game to avoid according to every reviewer out there. I avoided it like the plague. You should too.

Message 22 of 53 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1446 posts

Apr 24, 2013

The Umbrella Chronicles

Message 23 of 53 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I've always been to afraid to play any of the Resident evil games but i started out with 5 and loved it cuz it wasnt scary lol and I've been trying to play RE2 and Lord have mercy i'm jumping every 5 minutes :smileysad:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 24 of 53 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Apr 24, 2013
start with the 1st one, graphics are dated, but it's a classic !!

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 25 of 53 (155 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 24, 2013

JSiggy wrote:
start with the 1st one, graphics are dated, but it's a classic !!

Agreed. It's old, but it's great!

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 26 of 53 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Apr 24, 2013
well, i am most likely going to play on my vita, which would drop the choices to re1-3. also. what is so bad with re6?
Message 27 of 53 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4223 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
well, i am most likely going to play on my vita, which would drop the choices to re1-3. also. what is so bad with re6?

It depends on who you ask. I loved RE6 more than RE5. It was the global catastrophic event I had been waiting for in the entire series. Plus, it has 4 full campaigns that need to be played in order to understand the big picture.

Just start from the beginning. If you enjoy the series -- keep going :smileyhappy:

CyberOcelot wrote:

Resident Evil 5 is a horrible game for me. It takes survival horror and attempts to transform it into an action game. The problem is, it maintains the control scheme of earlier Resident Evil games, and that ends up making it feel like a clunky action game. I don't think there's a single moment that will scare you.

Resident Evil 6 is a game to avoid according to every reviewer out there. I avoided it like the plague. You should too.

I don't think the later RE's are meant to scare you as much as they are meant to build on the plot of the franchise.

Part 5 was great because it closed the whole arch with "that guy" (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it.)

The only RE that "scared me" was the first. Every single one after that had it's creepy-ness, but as you get older (and more desensitizing) it takes a whole lot more to do it.

You should really give RE6 a shot and make up your own mind about it, instead of going off someone else's opinion.

It is a great story installment to the series.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 28 of 53 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

It depends on who you ask. I loved RE6 more than RE5. It was the global catastrophic event I had been waiting for in the entire series. Plus, it has 4 full campaigns that need to be played in order to understand the big picture.

Just start from the beginning. If you enjoy the series -- keep going :smileyhappy:

CyberOcelot wrote:

I don't think the later RE's are meant to scare you as much as they are meant to build on the plot of the franchise.

Part 5 was great because it closed the whole arch with "that guy" (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it.)

The only RE that "scared me" was the first. Every single one after that had it's creepy-ness, but as you get older (and more desensitizing) it takes a whole lot more to do it.

You should really give RE6 a shot and make up your own mind about it, instead of going off someone else's opinion.

It is a great story installment to the series.

I love story driven games, but the story arc for Resident Evil (for me) was never all that impressive.

My issue with RE 5 is that it transitioned from horror to action, but kept the same control and limited movement that benefitted the horror games, but for action games, can be classified as "clunky" at best.

In regards to RE 6, I normally don't let a reviewers opinion sway me. But, when the opinion is consistent throughout, by pretty much every reviewer, I take that as a sign I'll be even more disappointed than I was with RE 5. 

Different strokes for different folks.

Message 29 of 53 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2216 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I'd agree with the 1st Resident Evil being a must play. Other than that I'd go with Resident Evil 4. I can't even tell you how many times I beat that game.
Message 30 of 53 (121 Views)
0 Likes