Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Best Resident Evil Game

Apr 24, 2013
Quick question, is code veronica on sale as well?? Because if so, I take that back about RE1 being the scariest, Code Veronica is pretty frightening for a RE game.

Still think SH is scarier, though Smiley Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 11 of 53 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Message 12 of 53 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
ALL?

Well, stay away from RE6, that was like a torn down gears of war with zombies.

Stay away from RE5 unless you REALLY enjoyed RE4, because RE5 is somewhat like RE4, with a few changes here and there. But, I liked it nonetheless.

For Resident Evil's scariest entry, choose Code Veronica.

For Resident Evil's most lengthy entry, and also, imo, most enjoyable, choose RE4.

Get both RE4 and Code Veronica if you can, I beat Code Veronica about 4 times. Fun game, and has quite a bit of good scares.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 53 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 24, 2013

To get the best experience DO NOT play them out of order!!! Sorry, I just had to say that.

The old ones may be slower and whatever you said, but it is worth it, my friend. The first 3 have been remade on the Nintendo GameCube (and PS2 I think) so I would recommend you to get those there. The original ones are good too, but y'know. If you want to get any from the sale going on, I would say RE Code Veronica (X). That's a rare game to find and it is one of the best, becuase it's a bit harder. Just don't play it before you play the first ones, lol.

that's my point of view, but like I said it is only to get the best experience.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 53 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
The stories aren't a big deal to the series, only the characters. If you know all the characters, and their backgrounds, which you can look up on wiki, then you will understand everything.

Each game has a different plot, though. It's just, some characters connect and intertwine with others, in various RE games.

Message 15 of 53 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Although technically inferior in terms of its lack of horror, Resident Evil 4 I think happens to be the best in the series since its survival aspect was a great effort for the time of the game's release. If you'd rather have more a spine-tingling experience then definitely stick with Resident Evil 2, or even the first one. Those are both great games in their own right. While they lack some of the finesse that Resident Evil 4 brought with it in a later generation, what these games did in their own time was still cutting edge.

Message 16 of 53 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

Since i have never played a resident evil game, and Sony is doing the sale, I think i am going to buy one of them.  Im not crazy about playing older games for obvious reasons (slower, not as technologically advance, etc).  However, if RE1-3 is good, ill buy it (ill probably play on my vita).  Which one is best based on scariness? and length/difficulty to beat? 

Thanks

Listen here... Get Resident Evil 1. You can never go wrong with going with the classic that started it all.

Behind the bad voice acting and aged graphics lies a great story with great characters and enjoyable gameplay.

Don't be one of those people that just skip to later installments for a "better experience."

No, start from the beginning. See the evolution of the series and where the story began.

(P.S. Length: When I had played it originally in '96, my brother and I were able to beat it in about 12-15 hours. Eventually he was able to get it down to 1 hour and 35-40 minutes. So, it goes to show that the game is pretty short when you know exactly what to do. But, for your first time, you will have fun taking your time and exploring the mansion.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 53 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

Apr 24, 2013

i liked part 3 the best  also part  1 and 2.. the rest  are not so much my thing for horror unless  you like more action and less struggle

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 18 of 53 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
The first time through, RE4 can be a struggle, theres not much ammo to be found, and you can run out pretty fast.

The first time I played it, I had to use my knife for almost a whole chapter.

Message 19 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I have played every one of the RE games and have to say that Resident Evil Code Veronica is the scariest and one of the best in the series. Also recommend RE4 for a good story and gameplay as well as Resident Evil 3 just because running from Nemesis always gets your heart racing! 

Message 20 of 53 (144 Views)
0 Likes