Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2013
By: Occhi07 Uncharted Territory 1839 posts

Best Resident Evil Game

52 replies 289 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

Since i have never played a resident evil game, and Sony is doing the sale, I think i am going to buy one of them.  Im not crazy about playing older games for obvious reasons (slower, not as technologically advance, etc).  However, if RE1-3 is good, ill buy it (ill probably play on my vita).  Which one is best based on scariness? and length/difficulty to beat? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 53 (289 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10951 posts

Re: Best Resident Evil Game

Apr 24, 2013

I would suggest the first one. It's a classic, and a great time-sink.

If you have a PS3, go for RE4, without a doubt. It's great, unlike the cesspits that are 5 and 6.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 53 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 24, 2013
RE2 is going to be the longest cuz your able to play as Leon play thru 1 and then Claire play thru 2 and after you beat both sides on same save file it will unlock a 3rd shorter play thru of the game on a different point of view and you also gotta play hide and seek with nemeis on 3rd play thru
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 53 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Griswalt wrote:
RE2 is going to be the longest cuz your able to play as Leon play thru 1 and then Claire play thru 2 and after you beat both sides on same save file it will unlock a 3rd shorter play thru of the game on a different point of view and you also gotta play hide and seek with nemeis on 3rd play thru

^RE2 is the best!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 53 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1067 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I got RE1 through 4 and played them all over again. It had been a long time sence playing them. If you play them for the gameplay and story and do not worry about the graphics you will like it. Seems like the storys were more intence in these. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 53 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I've only played RE4, RE5, REORC and RE6. I'd have to say RE4 from the ones i played.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 53 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1839 posts

Apr 24, 2013
so between 2 and 3. you guys are saying 2 is the best? and since im getting the digital version for my vita, ill still have those 3 play throughs. and is resident evil scary/long? i know that there is apparently 3 story lines.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 53 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I dunno if its so scary anymore with the graphics but you should have alot of moments of OMG run like crazy im low on health and fyi RE3 can be beat in like 6 to 8 hours normal play thru
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 53 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 24, 2013
RE4 ain't bad just started playing it again in my ps3 for the first time I've played it on GameCube and Wii hated the Wii version but with RE4 is around the time they lost there taste with the zombies and started up with the odd parasites which I still don't understand there that ever came from?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 53 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
As far as scary goes, if I had to pick one, since none of them are that scary...then I suppose I would pick RE1. But if you want a scary game, try out Silent Hill in the PS Classics.

Now for length, RE4 no doubt. Not the fact that it's an HD release, with trophies to earn, but the game itself, when released on the original PS2, was amazingly long. Not just the main story, but there are 2 other stories unlocked when beating the game, plus, a new difficulty mode, and a new horde like mode, called Mercenaries.

Not to mention all the different costumes, weapons, and weapon upgrades to collect. All in all, I have beaten RE4 13+ times, I lost count after 13, believe it or not. I even did a speedrun of the game, and beat it in 2 hours and 52 minutes..not sure if that's good, but it's the fastest time I ever got.

I would say 4. Specially because your not into older games as much, and RE4 comes with A LOT of playability, and you can get trophies to up your level on the PSN. It's a win-win.

If you want one of the older ones, I always liked RE3 more than 2, but, that's just me. Again, want something to scare you? Get Silent Hill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 53 (238 Views)
0 Likes