Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Best Buy slacking on Vita games

Mar 6, 2012

DisturbedYeti wrote:

Wow, that BBY needs to fix that. My store has all the games in a 4 ft section, one shelf above the other. The accessories are immediately to the right of that. My only gripe is not having ALL of the games. We do have a decent selection in right now though.

The Best Buy and Toys R Us near me are decently stocked with everything.  They were sold out of a couple of games, though.  So, I really think it is dependent upon the store/area.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 12 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Re: Best Buy slacking on Vita games

Mar 6, 2012

I am fairly new to the boards but it seems like a lot of people frown on GameStop. Can somebody please explain why?

I am a HUGE GameStop fan. I live in Anne Arundel County MD (about 12 miles outside of Baltimore) and without exageration, within a 10 mile radius, I have at least 2 dozen GameStops. Two of the closest malls to me have TWO GameStops within the same mall just at opposite ends. Their selection is great, and their inventory is top notch. Also, most of the kids that work there are always friendly and willing to chat and offer opinions about gaming, from their own experiences. I have every console and portable so I buy a plethora of games, but I have never felt anyone at any GameStop was biased in anyway towards any system. Actually quite a few of the employees have steered me towards PS3 games as their own preference because they don't like the idea of having to pay for Xbox Live. Also they always seem to have a good selection of used titles (which amazes me how fast people trade games in at times). I buy a lot of games so saving a few dollars is important to me. The other thing I like is that whether I am looking for a title new or used, regardless of console or device, and that particular store doesn't have it, they will let me know the closest store that does have it, then call them and have them hold it for me.

Top that off with the Game Informer magazine and rewards points (with good rewards...) 20,000 points = $20 PSN card and I think GameStop is awesome. Did I mention midnight releases?

EDIT** Oh yeah, I also forgot another case in point. I had posted in another discussion thread last week that my son had scratched my Vita sreen pretty bad (most like with a set of keys - He is only 19months old but can climb ridiculously well). I had purchased it at GameStop the week before, but waived the insurance and accident protection plans. Anyway, I walked in with it and was totally honest with what happened to it and they swapped it out for me, no questions asked. That's pretty good customer service in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 12 (9 Views)
0 Likes