Nov 10 2013
By: UnrealButcher Uncharted Territory 1508 posts

Best Buy order status... [Updated]

[ Edited ]
25 replies 2244 views Edited Nov 13, 2013

Anyone familiar how Best Buy does things with online orders?

It still shows "payment validated" and doesn't say "preparing order" in their map, but order status doesn't show the release date (or whatever it said, something about release or shipping) anymore, it now says "status not available".

Does this mean they are about to get things rolling?

Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available.

1. Order Received
  2. Payment Validated
  3. Preparing Order
  4. Shipped
Message 1 of 26 (2,244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Re: Best Buy order status...

Nov 10, 2013

was your preorder for a day1 console? Maybe you are cued up for the second shipment arriving later.

Message 2 of 26 (2,239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Gord0nDunk wrote:

was your preorder for a day1 console? Maybe you are cued up for the second shipment arriving later.

I ordered June 14th, and it's said Nov 15th all this time. I'd say yes, I have a launch order.

Just wondering if this is an in between for getting it ready to ship. I have free shipping, and have seen some say they got their shipping upgraded for free through other sites, so wondering if Best Buy ships it at a lower cost, but just sends it out earlier to have it get here for launch. I've had other shipments ship out on Sunday, to get here later in the week.

Message 3 of 26 (2,229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Mine says "Payment validated" on my PS4. On the same order i ordered extra controllers and a camera. I got the email last week that they were ready and I already picked them up. Under my PS4 order it says that it will be ready for pick up on the 15th. Are you sure you have a day one release?

Message 4 of 26 (2,220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I would then say, sit back and relax. When you see that updating, get excited. That next step is them putting it in a box and sticking your name on it, which will be followed up with them scanning it onto the truck.

Yep, i would say ball is about to get rolling. 

Exciting times my friend. Its just a console, but I got tingles just thinking about it.

Message 5 of 26 (2,217 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 13, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

It still shows "payment validated" and doesn't say "preparing order" in their map, but order status doesn't show the release date (or whatever it said, something about release or shipping) anymore, it now says "status not available".

1. Order Received
  2. Payment Validated
  3. Preparing Order
  4. Shipped

So this is still my status.

I used their CS chat and was told that no one will get their online preorders on launch day. Hmm... this sounds pretty rediculous if that's the case, and I'll never use them again if they don't ship until launch day.

I then called in and the guy said the estimated date on my preorder that I made the week of E3 (June 14th) has an estimated delivery date between Nov. 25th- Dec. 4th or 5th. I sure hope this isn't the case.

I could handle middle of next week, but to say I won't have it for 10-20 days after launch when I ordered week of announcement would be pretty rediculous, even with free shipping. Feeling like I should have done in store pick up and drove the hour each way to grab it on launch day.

Anyone have anything to remote about their Best Buy online preorder?

Message 6 of 26 (2,102 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Nov 13, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

1. Order Received
  2. Payment Validated
  3. Preparing Order
  4. Shipped

So this is still my status.

I used their CS chat and was told that no one will get their online preorders on launch day. Hmm... this sounds pretty rediculous if that's the case, and I'll never use them again if they don't ship until launch day.

I then called in and the guy said the estimated date on my preorder that I made the week of E3 (June 14th) has an estimated delivery date between Nov. 25th- Dec. 4th or 5th. I sure hope this isn't the case.

I could handle middle of next week, but to say I won't have it for 10-20 days after launch when I ordered week of announcement would be pretty rediculous, even with free shipping. Feeling like I should have done in store pick up and drove the hour each way to grab it on launch day.

Anyone have anything to remote about their Best Buy online preorder?

what shipping method did you chose?

unless you picked "same day" you shouldnt have been expecting to get it on launch.

Message 7 of 26 (2,083 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Nov 13, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

unless you picked "same day" you shouldnt have been expecting to get it on launch.

My Wife picked free shipping, but 10-20 days is a bit much don't you think. I picked free shipping on Amazon and had my 32GB memory card for my Vita the same week.

BTW, I didn't say I was expecting launch day for my system, I said that they said "No One" would get launch day delivery, even those with Express delivery.

My post is to see if anyone has got any info on how Best Buy works it, or if they have got an update on their preorder showing being charged, shipping out or whatever. Hopefully the CS people just don't know. The guy on the phone sounded uncertain. That's why I'm here asking others what their experience has been.

I was thinking next week looking at their slowest shipping according to this page.

Shipping Costs and Timing

Shipping Methods

We offer three methods for shipping your orders from BestBuy.com:
  • Standard - 4 to 8 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 3 to 7 days for transit.

• Expedited - 3 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 2 days for transit.

• Express - 2 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 1 day for transit.

Business days include Monday—Friday, excluding holidays. You can see estimated arrival dates on each product page and in your Cart.

Shipping Best Buy Marketplace Items

Best Buy Marketplace items are shipped directly from the individual seller, and not from Best Buy. Best Buy Marketplace items cannotbe shipped to:
  • PO boxes
  • APO/FPO (military addresses)
  • US Virgin Islands or Guam
Shipping Carriers

Best Buy partners with UPS, UPS Mail Innovations and the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ship your packages. Standard shipping orders are shipped by UPS, UPS Mail Innovations or the United States Postal Service (USPS). Expedited or Express orders are shipped by UPS. You'll receive a shipping confirmation e-mail that will confirm which carrier was used for your products.

Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii

There is no extra shipping fee to Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping Costs

Shipping cost is calculated on a "per item" or "per pound" basis and is based on the shipping method you select (Standard, Expedited, Express). We sometimes offer free shipping in select categories, or free shipping site-wide.

Free Shipping on Orders $25 and Up

Excludes select Best Buy Marketplace items, scheduled delivery items, and items displaying "In Store Only" message. Select digital downloads, e-gift cards, Best Buy Marketplace items, scheduled delivery items, CinemaNow digital content, and items purchased from the classical musical store do not count toward the $25 order total. If an item cancellation or coupon lowers the total purchase price to less than $25, you will be charged for the shipping cost of the remaining items

Message 8 of 26 (2,064 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Nov 13, 2013
UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS SUCK... dealt with them in the past , hope to never deal with them again.i wish you luck with this outfit, unfortunately the post office gets a bad rep cause of this outfit. you see... it ships out UPS Mail Innovations ,then goes to your local post office for delivery. heres the problem, post office has no idea where its coming from or when it will get to them. I know from experience. it took 2 weeks for a package to reach them using this outfit before it got to me
Message 9 of 26 (2,048 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

My Wife picked free shipping, but 10-20 days is a bit much don't you think. I picked free shipping on Amazon and had my 32GB memory card for my Vita the same week.

BTW, I didn't say I was expecting launch day for my system, I said that they said "No One" would get launch day delivery, even those with Express delivery.

My post is to see if anyone has got any info on how Best Buy works it, or if they have got an update on their preorder showing being charged, shipping out or whatever. Hopefully the CS people just don't know. The guy on the phone sounded uncertain. That's why I'm here asking others what their experience has been.

I was thinking next week looking at their slowest shipping according to this page.

Shipping Costs and Timing

Shipping Methods

We offer three methods for shipping your orders from BestBuy.com:
  • Standard - 4 to 8 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 3 to 7 days for transit.

• Expedited - 3 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 2 days for transit.

• Express - 2 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 1 day for transit.

their shipping system is probably on overload with all the PS4's going out, so that could be the cause of the longer estimate the person on the phone gave you.

i use Best Buy a lot, and sometimes they are weird with shipping. like ill pick expidited for a pre-order, but they wait 1 day after the game came out and sent it next-day air. so technicaly it was expedited(2-3 days) they just waited till the last minute to ship. Smiley Very Happy

something similar could be your case. they could be behind in shipments and will ship yours later but with bumped shipping speed.

Message 10 of 26 (2,024 Views)