MVP Support
38734 posts

Re: Benefits for Plus and others really do suck

Sep 24, 2011

JERM7 wrote:

What's Network Play?  Do you mean the PSN Play games?  That's not a subscription program, so I'm not sure what you mean.  If so, I'm with you and BRIT-KO, it's nothing special.  I don't really care about betas, I have gotten my money's worth from PS+ in other ways.

Network Play as I incorrectly called it, when it's called PSN Play, its something Sony/PSN are doing anually with 4 titles each year, you're right it's not a subscription service, but they are trying to tempt you into pre-ordering titles by offering you extra DLC etc, you have to pre-order all 4 titles though.

I know we'll never know how well they have been selling, but if you go by just the general comments on this Forum they have not been well received, they champoined them as the "hottest action games' on PSN this year, hmmm, I don't think so, Gargoyle above is correct when they said they need titles that are going to generate interest, these it appears have not.

I agree with you too when you said you got your Plus benefits in other ways, having said that I have enjoyed the Beta's so far, but I still feel others could have been offered when they weren't, PS One 'Classics', yea, sorry but they may have been good 10 or 15 years ago, but now, no, they last maybe 15/20  mins on my PS3 then they're gone.

I have already renewed my subscription well into 2012 & want to continue to support this program, & have I got my $50.00 worth, yes again, probably 2/3 times over, possibly more, but come on, but please Sony, surely it must be time to get out of bed with Capcom, enough with Megaman avatars too, sheesshhh.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 11 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Benefits for Plus and others really do suck

Sep 24, 2011

I dunno. I like the benefits, personally. I also have Xbox Live--which you pay a subscription simply to send friends messages and talk to them--and PS+ is optional and you get tons of free games and betas. You're not going to get access to every single possible beta for the PS3 though, and that's out of Sony's control. Some game companies have contracts with other services for promotions (like IGN, which you mentioned).

I spent $18 for three months and I ended up getting like $15 worth of free games the first week I renewed my PS+ subscription. I think it's wonderful!

Message 12 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes