Highlighted
Sep 16 2011
By: molitar First Son 23 posts

Benefits for Plus and others really do suck

11 replies 36 views Edited Sep 16, 2011

Why are we paying good money and we are not getting beta invites like the Ratchet and Clank Beta?  Instead game sites like IGN are getting the keys.  No real benefits for being loyal subscribing customers to Sony at all which really is Bullshit.   And than what the heck is this Network Play about I haven't seen anything to even want to subscribe to that service.  Were really getting short shafted the paying subscribers should be first on the block for BETA's and such!

Message 1 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44325 posts

Re: Benefits for Plus and others really do suck

Sep 16, 2011

molitar wrote:

Why are we paying good money and we are not getting beta invites like the Ratchet and Clank Beta?  Instead game sites like IGN are getting the keys.  No real benefits for being loyal subscribing customers to Sony at all which really is ********.   And than what the heck is this Network Play about I haven't seen anything to even want to subscribe to that service.  Were really getting short shafted the paying subscribers should be first on the block for BETA's and such!

I agree with you completely about the Network Play titles, they do nothing for me either, but Sony is continuing to try to 'ramp up' how good they are, as for the R & C All For One Beta, I'd like to have seen that offered to us Plus Subscribers too, having said that Insomniac Games have been giving away hundreds of the codes all over Facebook & Twitter most of this week & it was very easy to get a code, I'm enjoying the Beta.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 2 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11823 posts

Sep 16, 2011

This week Plus offers a $3 discount on From Dust, which isn't too bad (considering the game itself is enjoyable). As for the PLAY games, they do say that they're the hottest action games... but after downloading the demos, I've yet to see one that I'd consider "hot" thus far. This PLAY function though is definitely a showcase for a specific lineup of titles they want to dump on users. Maybe the list will be refreshed when they're done with the initial lineup and start stacking up some games that generate greater appeal in the future?

Insomniac did release the Resistance 3 beta to Plus members exclusively for a week... but, having content exclusively for a week isn't that special, in my opinion. Pay $18/$50 now and get into the Resistance 3 beta... or wait until next week to jump aboard for free. I'd like to see something like the DC Universe Online beta again, which never opened up to the public. Although with the Ratchet and Clank beta, or betas in general, it's not a major concern as there are other games I've been busy with. The demo for the game is coming, which playing betas is usually like. So if you've missed the beta, you can always count on that.

Message 3 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Head to ratchetandclank.com if you want the free beta codes are being giving away there until 9/27

rockinjs864 Trophy Card
Message 4 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44325 posts

Sep 21, 2011

rockinjs864 wrote:

Head to ratchetandclank.com if you want the free beta codes are being giving away there until 9/27

I already got one from Facebook last week, but thanks anyway.

Message 5 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Sep 21, 2011

thanks for the onfo. i'm only on my second day of PLUS (just joined) but i don't see much. well i have a year to see what PLUS gives us

Message 6 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Sep 21, 2011

yea I got one from Sid when he did his big blog giveaway it was for those who didn't luck up and get one from the PS Blob or Facebook.so Brit you think the V8 racing for $2.25 isn't worth it? I'm on the fence about buying it

And no problem station here to help when I can if you like resident evil that'll be a $20 save right there on the 2 RE games Resident evil 4 now and Resident Evil:Code Veronica I just joined a couple of months ago myself and have already saved $50 so that's my money back and with plus starting to pick up I think I'll get at least Triple the value out of it before my subscription expires so n the long run I think you will be happy with your purchase

rockinjs864 Trophy Card
Message 7 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44325 posts

Sep 21, 2011

rockinjs864 wrote:

yea I got one from Sid when he did his big blog giveaway it was for those who didn't luck up and get one from the PS Blob or Facebook.so Brit you think the V8 racing for $2.25 isn't worth it? I'm on the fence about buying it

And no problem station here to help when I can if you like resident evil that'll be a $20 save right there on the 2 RE games Resident evil 4 now and Resident Evil:Code Veronica I just joined a couple of months ago myself and have already saved $50 so that's my money back and with plus starting to pick up I think I'll get at least Triple the value out of it before my subscription expires so n the long run I think you will be happy with your purchase

It's obviously a very decent price, especially from what it was, but sometimes prices are still only good of you want the game, is $2.25 much these days, no not really I suppose, but all those $2.25's quickly add up if you know what I mean.

Message 8 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Sep 22, 2011

Yeah the games they give you basically are all mini game crap mostly.  They give a few DLC away but that is only to get you to purchase the game.. I really haven't seen much benefit to the Playstation Plus at all and I looked at Network Play and it looks like even more crap.  I really doubt I will renew my Plus when it expires as what have I really gotten from it?  Nothing really.  It's really crappy.  They need to give better incentives for Plus and definitely for Network Play.

BTW thanks for the info on the Ratchet and Clank website

Message 9 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7599 posts

Sep 22, 2011

What's Network Play?  Do you mean the PSN Play games?  That's not a subscription program, so I'm not sure what you mean.  If so, I'm with you and BRIT-KO, it's nothing special.  I don't really care about betas, I have gotten my money's worth from PS+ in other ways.

Message 10 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes