Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Being competitive vs.. having fun online.

Dec 14, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

tigres7882 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

tigres7882 wrote:

I know most of the people that play video games just want to have fun and enjoy the game. I'm one of those people. But sometimes I like to be competitive while playing some games online, mostly sports games like fifa or fps. I usually play  with my friends just to have fun, but when I play by myself is a totally different story. Usually I would try to give advice to others on how to play because I don't want to lose, or because they are getting on my way ( I know I sound like an **bleep**). Most people find this annoying, and they get hostile.  I do this because I try to get everyone to work as a team instead of doing whatever they want. What I find most amusing is that those people that get annoyed, don't seem to know that is a mute option. Instead of b#tching about me talking , I always tell them to mute me instead. I always wonder why they don't mute me if they are "tired" of hearing me. Everyone has the freedom of playing a game for whatever reason they want, I know I sound like I'm forcing others to play competitive but I'm just trying to help. This is the reason I like playing with my friends better, because I can tell them whatever I want, and they do the same with me. But we take it as a joke instead of getting mad, but at the same time we are serious about the match we are having. 

What are your thoughts on this? Have you had a similar experience? Some feedback would be nice in order to improve my "social" skills with others. 

Half the problem is no mute haflt the problem is people like you. People are going to try to figure out how they want to play. With or with out your advice. If I was playing a game and had you in my ear constantly id be actng the same way. What may work for you dont always work for everyone else. And that is a true fact. If people are having trouble try to help but dont get in there face or be that voice they dont want to hear. It makes the game unenjoyable both for you and for them. Have concideration for other people. Its that simple. not everyone has played as much as you. Some people this could be there first time playing.

Yeah you are right, I'll take this advice for future reference. Thanx!

I mean no disrespect either man. If im playing a game I want to learn it. I may die alot but when I come up with something that works I am good. By someone on the mic yelling atme telling me ot do this or do that doesnt help me. It usually gets me killled faster. Everyone has a learning curve when it comes to things like this. Ounce we find it were good. Just got to give other players to find there nitch and go with it.

Don't worry my friend. Like you said, we have to learn from our mistakes. And I'm trying to improve my social skills. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. 

Message 11 of 15 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Dec 14, 2013
Add me for ps4
Message 12 of 15 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Dec 14, 2013
See that's the thing, games are accessible to everyone, so lets say you have a bad leg, you can't play real soccer but might have fun playing online soccer, it's one thing to encourage your team, but another to bark how to play, I mean imagine 5 people all think they know what's best and are all commanding each other the entire game!? No thanks lol.

Imho if you want to be competitive and not have to get bent out of shape you need to find friends (online or off) that feel the same, and form a team/squad etc. Then when you are all on the same field things will go your way more often then trying to put down or issue orders to completely random players, some of which may really be trying their best to the best of their ability due to many unseen aspects masked by online play.
Message 13 of 15 (256 Views)
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Dec 14, 2013

Warming up to someone unknown to them isn't for everybody. Not everyone wants to accept the drill instructor inside their head telling them what to do and when to do it. If people want to just play the game then let them be. While it may be ideal for multiplayer games to be a routine service wherein teamwork is the key, it's only natural that people find chaos to be more attractive than order. It might be helpful for some people willing to learn your ways, but many people just want to follow the beat to their own drummer.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it's possible not all headsets have a mute option, or one that's easily applied. With the PlayStation 4's mic, for instance, there doesn't appear to be any configuration for muting the headset or adding silence on your part other than yanking out the wire or going into party settings and inputting the command. Either way, this could take time away from gameplay. Rather than spending time trying to cancel out a specific player, it could be that they'd rather not waste more time than they have to.

Message 14 of 15 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
12506 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

tigres7882 wrote:

I know most of the people that play video games just want to have fun and enjoy the game. I'm one of those people. But sometimes I like to be competitive while playing some games online, mostly sports games like fifa or fps. I usually play  with my friends just to have fun, but when I play by myself is a totally different story. Usually I would try to give advice to others on how to play because I don't want to lose, or because they are getting on my way ( I know I sound like an **bleep**). Most people find this annoying, and they get hostile.  I do this because I try to get everyone to work as a team instead of doing whatever they want. What I find most amusing is that those people that get annoyed, don't seem to know that is a mute option. Instead of b#tching about me talking , I always tell them to mute me instead. I always wonder why they don't mute me if they are "tired" of hearing me. Everyone has the freedom of playing a game for whatever reason they want, I know I sound like I'm forcing others to play competitive but I'm just trying to help. This is the reason I like playing with my friends better, because I can tell them whatever I want, and they do the same with me. But we take it as a joke instead of getting mad, but at the same time we are serious about the match we are having. 

What are your thoughts on this? Have you had a similar experience? Some feedback would be nice in order to improve my "social" skills with others. 

Play with your friends whenever you can and form or join clans with people who would like (or at least don’t mind) your advice.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 15 of 15 (226 Views)
0 Likes