Apr 15 2012
By: obiwan_k First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Be warned, Sony will not refund you wallet money, even when one of thier crappy products break

44 replies 7649 views Edited Apr 15, 2012

How many others have run into Sony's incredibly poor customer service?   A couple of months ago, my PS3 gpu died, the cost of fixing it was going to be >$150. Considering I had already put $100 worth of repairs into the console to fix the yellow light of death, I decided that it would be more in my interest to just purchase a new model. But that was going to have to wait, as other expenses take priority.  I realized that I had about $38 dollars of funds still in my PSN Wallet. When I asked for a refund, Sony informed me "that all sales were final" and referred me to the terms of agreement....I looked, and sure enough buried DEEP in the terms it does state that all sales are final. In other words, they encourage you to put money into the wallet so that you have funds available...but then if they don't actually sell anything that you want, or if the poorly built console breaks...they are going to still keep your money, even if you can not use the damn wallet.  For my part, $38 is not the end of the world, but the principle of how Sony conducts business, pretty much guarantees that I will never buy another Sony product again. Let yourself be warned, do not put a dollar more into you wallet then needed, because when your console dies (and it will, considering the poor craftsmanship of the product) they will not refund you anything? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (7,649 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7587 posts

Re: Be warned, Sony will not refund you wallet money, even when one of thier crappy products break

Apr 15, 2012

This is why I don't keep a wallet balance of more than about $3, unless it's a standing balance from a $20 PSN card that I bought with points from one of the two rewards programs I currently participate in (Speedway and Gamestop).

There really is no reason to keep that much money in a psn wallet, unless you are due for a subscription renewal (Qore, PS+, etc).

At any rate, that money will still be there when you get around to buying a new PS3.  That is, provided you use the same PSN account to activate it with.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (7,649 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27881 posts

Re: Be warned, Sony will not refund you wallet money, even when one of thier crappy products break

Apr 16, 2012

I don't realy know what the real problem is here, the funds aren't lost, just sign in with the same ID & password it'll all still be there.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (7,649 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4508 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I came here expecting something else, but I'll share my story anyway.  I bought AC2 deluxe from the PSN when it was on sale for $10.  The problem is, it was set to expire as if it were a PS+ game trial.  So it did expire earlier this year, I contacted Sony, and they gave me my $10 back (to the wallet).  Not a great solution since it isn't that cheap normally (i.e. if I wanted to keep it, I would have to pay extra), but I already had the platinum trophy, so I'm ok with it .  It basically was a free game for a year.  So in my case, I did get a refund for the "broken" product.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (7,649 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Deleted

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (7,649 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Apr 16, 2012

As far as I know, Apple and Microsoft don't refund your unused wallet money or credit. They're not banks. Stores often won't refund you the cash value of the gift card too, or refuse to give you cash instead of store credit.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (7,649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 10, 2012

They have to refund your money. It's the law. in the US anyway.

http://www.ftc.gov.bb/index.php?Itemid=76&id=40&option=com_content&task=view

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (7,160 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

Dec 10, 2012

no... they don't. Not if they state all sales are final.  And like the other guy said when he gets around to replacing the PS3 (most likely a overheating FAT one :smileytongue:)  the $38 will still BE there........ if he uses the same account.

On an off note (considering what I said about the FATS up there), when I got my slim (infamous 2 bundle) last Dec..... even though Sony had made the slim to solve the overheating problem (more airflow inside with lesss hardware taking up space like hubs for 4 usb ports and the card reader and other things) not to mention cut costs, i noticed mine got hot as hell. Not the whole thing, but the back half of the cover over the "exhaust" in the back. Since then I got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MU1ZRS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00 

With a laptop cooler like that, the bottom of the PS3 itself is blocking the air in the middle, forcing the air from the cooler to the sides through the mesh in the top of it...... RIGHT into the little slits ALL around the bottom edges of the PS3. Since I got that cooler, my PS3 barely even gets lukewarm leaving it on for days at a time sometimes. So...... even if you have a slim that shouldn't overheat.... i suggest everyone uses a laptop cooler on it, especially the one I linked.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (7,129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Dec 14, 2012

so pretty much your mad at sony because YOU were dumb enough not to read the terms and conditions. yeah, grow up and take responsibility. all sales are final. you can put your id on 2 ps3 systems and your money is there. so whats your issue? yeah the issue is with yourself. i hate when people like you never accept responsibility for your own actions and blame everyone else. your just hating sony because you have nothing better to do. troll

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (7,066 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Be warned, Sony will not refund you wallet money, even when one of their crappy products break

Jul 25, 2013

Y can't u get a refund that's stupid :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (5,901 Views)
0 Likes