Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall?

Nov 8, 2013

KIllzone IMO, the SP looks amazing, BF has horrendous SP, but good MP. Overall, being a first party spny game it will be a lot better imo. First batch of cross gen laucnh titles are not very impressive.

Message 11 of 48 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 8, 2013

aceofshank027 wrote:

I have already bought killzone shadow fall(of course i havent played it yet) because it honestly looks like a next gen game. I enjoy all fps like cod, bf3, killxzone etc., but i can play the others on my ps3 so i got shadow fall for my ps4. it looks great but in all honesty im just needing something to hold me over until Destiny comes out. 

Thats the game I'm waiting for the most also. I pre-ordered it ealry just for the beta. That game looks like its going be better than Halo series, and I loved Halo.

Message 12 of 48 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Nov 8, 2013

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote:

aceofshank027 wrote:

I have already bought killzone shadow fall(of course i havent played it yet) because it honestly looks like a next gen game. I enjoy all fps like cod, bf3, killxzone etc., but i can play the others on my ps3 so i got shadow fall for my ps4. it looks great but in all honesty im just needing something to hold me over until Destiny comes out. 

Thats the game I'm waiting for the most also. I pre-ordered it ealry just for the beta. That game looks like its going be better than Halo series, and I loved Halo.

I did too. Not a fan of xbox after i went through about 5 360s, but i loved halo. I hope the game isnt just like halo honestly, but enough to make it recognizable i guess. Lost interest in halo when bungie left so only play at friends at times becuase they only play xbox for whatever reason lol.

Message 13 of 48 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I'm getting Battlefield 4 FREE from Target on Tuesday so both! Smiley Very Happy

Aassissin's Creed 4

Killzone Shadow Fall

Battlefield 4(FREE)

Contrast(PS Plus)

Resogun(PS Plus)

Blacklight Retribution (F2P)

Launch is gonna be sick.

Message 14 of 48 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 8, 2013

aceofshank027 wrote:

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote:

aceofshank027 wrote:

I did too. Not a fan of xbox after i went through about 5 360s, but i loved halo. I hope the game isnt just like halo honestly, but enough to make it recognizable i guess. Lost interest in halo when bungie left so only play at friends at times becuase they only play xbox for whatever reason lol.

I hope it's not like Halo either, but that was a great series. They did great job with that game, so I'm pretty sure they'll do the same with Destiny. If not better

Message 15 of 48 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Nov 8, 2013

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote:

aceofshank027 wrote:

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote:

aceofshank027 wrote:

I hope it's not like Halo either, but that was a great series. They did great job with that game, so I'm pretty sure they'll do the same with Destiny. If not better

I really didn't like Halo.  The series became stagnant after Halo 2.

First, OP, if you're new to the PS community, welcome.  Secondly, I would really recommend going with KZSmiley FrustratedF.  It's the only shooter that is really next gen.  CoD and BF4 were not built with only the PS4 in mind.  For that reason alone I think we can expect to see KZSmiley FrustratedF destroy BF4 in terms of gameplay and graphics.

Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 16 of 48 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Honestly, I think you should wait on Killzone: Shadow Fall until you've played the first 3 games. You would probably respect / appreciate the game a lot more if you did so.

I was not looking forward to KZ: SH at all. It wasn't even on my must buy list -- until I bought and played the "Killzone Trilogy" a couple weeks ago. Now, now I am a KZ fan and very much looking forward to Shadow Fall.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 48 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Honestly, I think you should wait on Killzone: Shadow Fall until you've played the first 3 games. You would probably respect / appreciate the game a lot more if you did so.

I was not looking forward to KZ: SH at all. It wasn't even on my must buy list -- until I bought and played the "Killzone Trilogy" a couple weeks ago. Now, now I am a KZ fan and very much looking forward to Shadow Fall.

I completely disagree. The narrative in the first 3 games was kind of garbage and Killzone Shadow is set in a completely different era and setting to make it easily accesssilbe for newcomers.

Read this if want to know everything about the Killzone universe before playing Shadow Fall:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517012

Message 18 of 48 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 8, 2013
I'm getting both. Battlefield 4 for main focus competitive multiplayer and a fun campaign, and Killzone: Shadow Fall for core singleplayer and casual MP once in a while. I plan on playing BF4 for hundreds of hours, and doing two playthroughs of Shadow Fall...one on hard and one on the hardest possible setting, being stealthy.

I have Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4 Premium case right now.
Message 19 of 48 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Nov 8, 2013

StrongBlackVine9 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I completely disagree. The narrative in the first 3 games was kind of garbage and Killzone Shadow is set in a completely different era and setting to make it easily accesssilbe for newcomers.

Read this if want to know everything about the Killzone universe before playing Shadow Fall:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517012

You didn't like the first 3, yet disagree that someone could respect / appreciate KZ: SF more, if they played the trilogy first? (?what?)

How could someone really see the growth of this franchise and how "epic" this game/story is supposed to be, unless they played the first 3?

I think calling it garbage is harsh. Sure, they were not GOTY worthy stories, IMO, but they were still good. In fact, that is what prevented me from getting into the series sooner. Everyone was jerking off to the graphics of KZ2 when it hit PS3 -- I didn't hear one thing about the story -- only "best graphics for a FPS on PS3!," "better graphics than COD!," blah, blah, blah. (gag).

I played the demo for KZ2 and was not impressed, so I ignored it and KZ3.

But, I'm glad I picked up the Killzone Trilogy collection and decided to go back and give this series a second chance.

And it's not like KZ: SF is a "completely different setting." It returns to the same planet from the first Killzone, just 30 years after the events of KZ3. (And said events are major and are the sole reason for the setting of KZ: SF.)

But, I get what you mean -- It's not a full blown war this time, it's a cold war in this installment, has a different vibe to it than the previous 3 games, etc, etc, etc.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 48 (132 Views)
0 Likes