Nov 07 2013
By: Trespahsser Splicer 73 posts

Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall?

47 replies 477 views Edited Nov 7, 2013

So first off I'm new to the PS community and so far i love it, and with the PS4 coming out next week (I can't wait!) I'm not sure what game to buy, Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall?

I've played the BF4 beta and it was really great but it was alot like BF3,  want something new and fresh with a good campaign and multiplayer, I'm iffy on Killzone because I've never played any of the past ones and dont really know how its like.

I've seen gameplay footage of it and it looks amazing, but i'm not sure on which to buy though. Any suggestions?

Whoa! I didn't see you there, now don't just stand there, help me finish.
Message 1 of 48 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Re: Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall?

Nov 7, 2013
I'm buying both, but I am definitely more excited for Killzone.

I pretty much know what I'm buying with BF4 and know it'll be good, but Killzone has a lot of potential.

Anyways, I play competitively on http://gamebattles.com so that's what is going to bring the most excitement.
Love competition? Come play.
http://gamebattles.com
Message 2 of 48 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Nov 7, 2013
First off welcome to the community. Why not get both. They both look interesting and online communities are pretty large. I plan on getting both @ launch. While bf4 is similar to bf3 it still quite an improvement. Bf3 was a good game and they were to change to much then gamers would complain of getting away from the core game. Both are going to be solid games so whichever one you choose or both... You can't go wrong.
Message 3 of 48 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 7, 2013

I'm leaning more to KZSmiley FrustratedF over BF4, but have changed my mind back and forth between those two. Right now I'm thinking Killzone because it was developed fully with next-gen in general and the PS4 in particular in mind.

Message 4 of 48 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Trespahsser wrote:

So first off I'm new to the PS community and so far i love it, and with the PS4 coming out next week (I can't wait!) I'm not sure what game to buy, Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall?

I've played the BF4 beta and it was really great but it was alot like BF3,  want something new and fresh with a good campaign and multiplayer, I'm iffy on Killzone because I've never played any of the past ones and dont really know how its like.

I've seen gameplay footage of it and it looks amazing, but i'm not sure on which to buy though. Any suggestions?

Did you like BF3? If so I would go with BF4 since you know its a game you'll like, and then wait and see if you can borrow or rent Killzone to see if you like it. Thats what I'm going to do, cuz I was interested in Killzone also but didn't know if I was going like it.

Message 5 of 48 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 7, 2013
To me, Killzone is definitely going to have a fresh campaign. Battlefield 4 will be good for competition on GB and so will Killzone.

As long as you're getting one of them, you can't go wrong.

Ghosts on the other hand..... Smiley Tongue
Love competition? Come play.
http://gamebattles.com
Message 6 of 48 (456 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Talking about Killzone the campaign and multiplayer seem both mind-blowing.

You won't have problems if you never played any of the KZ games

And Battlefield 4 on the other hand is cool if you like the serries but as you said will be no much difference between BF3 besides, graphics and the new stuff

So personally, I'll suggest you to buy Killzone.

Message 7 of 48 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I have played BF3 and I did love it, and true if I ge BF4 I will know what to expect. h Killzone i'll be a whole new experience. I would get both but dont have the funds Smiley Tongue So I will look up tons of gamelay for both games and consider you guy's suggestions, thanks again. Smiley Very Happy

Whoa! I didn't see you there, now don't just stand there, help me finish.
Message 8 of 48 (423 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I have already bought killzone shadow fall(of course i havent played it yet) because it honestly looks like a next gen game. I enjoy all fps like cod, bf3, killxzone etc., but i can play the others on my ps3 so i got shadow fall for my ps4. it looks great but in all honesty im just needing something to hold me over until Destiny comes out. 

Message 9 of 48 (418 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Trespahsser wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I have played BF3 and I did love it, and true if I ge BF4 I will know what to expect. h Killzone i'll be a whole new experience. I would get both but dont have the funds Smiley Tongue So I will look up tons of gamelay for both games and consider you guy's suggestions, thanks again. Smiley Very Happy

There you go. You already played the BF4 demo and got a distinct feeling of how similar it is to something you've already played. KZ is definitely a great series and has some great multiplayer as well. You want a fresh feeling, go for KZ.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 48 (412 Views)
0 Likes