Highlighted
Mar 25 2013
By: TheWorldNationF5 Monster Hunter 34 posts
Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4

24 replies 330 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

Is it possible, that this could video could be utilizing the playstation 4, of course its not actual gameplay but is this what we could expect from battlefield on the playstation 4?

It took me a while but i finally did it! (Signature)
Message 1 of 25 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4

Mar 25, 2013

CGI..... hardly an indication of the "power" of the PS4

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 25 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I'm scared that Battlefield is going the way of Call of Duty...

Bad Company 2 and BF3 both used identical color shemes for their box art on the standard edition, and the in-game stuff was basically the same. Unless you were pretty familiar with the 2 games, you wouldnt be able to tell a significant difference.

And now with this trailer thats using the same grey scale washed out bluish color palette with splashes of orange...I think they have given into the cash cow copy/paste method of game development. You could have told me this was a teaser for BF3 and I would have no evidence to deny or contradict it.

Underwhelming video with CG that could have been done on the Ps3 or any current gaming PC.

I'm done with FPS games anyway, until soldiers actually react to bullets realistically. "Oh you got shot in the leg 4 times by a .50 cal rifle? Let me shock your heart. Its laughable."

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 25 (307 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I'm done with FPS games anyway, until soldiers actually react to bullets realistically. "Oh you got shot in the leg 4 times by a .50 cal rifle? Let me shock your heart. Its laughable."

Right, like they'd ever do that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 25 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 25, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Right, like they'd ever do that.

I dont see why not. It would be a hard-core game for tactical minded people. I'm tired of 10 year-olds that run around witha  scoped rifle and shoot at you all-day, its unrealistic and totally improbable. Regnerative health needs to go away completely in this genre. Only being able to regnerate from non-fatal wounds from a thrown med-pack. And no more reviving people that have been shot by the main cannon round of an Abrams...im sorry, buildings dont survive that, so why should you?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 25 (300 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Mar 25, 2013

They'd never bother. Would be too complicated and people would rage.

Yes, it'd be an interesting concept and I'd personally like to try it out but I guarantee that because people have been so used to how things go now, it'd be impossible.

All you'd see would be people with LMGs, spraying for their life. And accuracy would matter even LESS because one shot, and the person will be wounded enough to finish off or will just die from "realistic bleeding out".

And a "thrown med pack" isn't a solution for a shooter that would be THAT realistic. You'd have to open the med pack, apply bandages, and all that stuff, or else it defeats the purpose of making the bullet wounds realistic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 25 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 25, 2013

You have to find the balance between too realistic and an arcade game playable by anyone.

And as far as the weapons go..simply have the kick adjusted to fit the realistic standards the game brings to the table. An unmounted LMG is not only impossilby heavy to carry, but even harder to shoot. regardless of what Hollywood would have us think.

Although you are right, I dont see this happening either, but as it stands, the FPS genre has gone beyond beating a dead horse. The horse is Dead, and they are still trying to get you to buy it by telling you its different from other dead horses, that its more fun than other dead horses.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 25 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I'm scared that Battlefield is going the way of Call of Duty...

Bad Company 2 and BF3 both used identical color shemes for their box art on the standard edition, and the in-game stuff was basically the same. Unless you were pretty familiar with the 2 games, you wouldnt be able to tell a significant difference.

And now with this trailer thats using the same grey scale washed out bluish color palette with splashes of orange...I think they have given into the cash cow copy/paste method of game development. You could have told me this was a teaser for BF3 and I would have no evidence to deny or contradict it.

Underwhelming video with CG that could have been done on the Ps3 or any current gaming PC.

a 50 cal  will kill you yes. but it depends on  how fast the medic get there, I have had  friends in military shot with  high  caliber weapon and live becuase of the medic got there. A friend f mines got shot in the head with a 44 magnum twice  he is  still alive.  He  is in wheel chair and need alot of help but  he is alive.

But i do agree with your view ,  they do these things to deter unfair play ( regain and all that jazz)

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 8 of 25 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 25, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote: I have had  friends in military 

You never were in the military.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 25 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Mar 25, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote: I have had  friends in military 

You never were in the military.

your proof is where???     Its time like these you  should keep you opinion to  yourself   try it for day  youll be better for it

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 10 of 25 (254 Views)
0 Likes