Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: Battery life not bad...

Dec 21, 2011

ILickPandas wrote:

Sounds like your mad because you didnt watch the video I posted up. Your fault not mine, falsely advertise? Nope. You still couldnt understand the fact with the video. So either or your still wrong. I gave proof even if I did not put that down.

Well honestly. I don't normally feel the need to check the sources of people posting information here.

The fact that you ommited information of different circumstances for the PSP, and didn't make any effort to explain, or understand that when I responded. I mean were you even aware of the different testing circumstances yourself? Seems not. Implies you put little thought into what you posted there.

You didn't intentionally falsely advertise (if you post information publically it is by definition 'advertised' it doesn't mean you were advertising something like a product), but the ommision of information made it deceiving in the manner you presented it. I don't think you're stupid enough not to understand this. Perhaps next time only post information with some semblance of relevance?

Message 21 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Dec 21, 2011

ChronoJoe wrote:

ILickPandas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvLDD0kelyQ&feature=g-u&context=G2853655FUAAAAAAABAA

Posted the video before. Please learn to read previous posts.

Decided not to, because I decided it was nonsense before I read.

PSP expanded 2200mAh battery

3DS standard 1300mAh battery

PSV standard 2210mAh battery

The PSP 3000 by default has a 1200mh battery, this is a completely unfair test. Maybe you should have read the video description and not falsely advertised the video as a fair test between platforms.

it wouldn't be a fair test anyway, the PSP is less powerful and uses up less power anyway. And even if you cut that 9 hours in half, it still beats both systems (And the expanded battery is still less than the Vita's battery).

I'd say that this is a good video for 3DS, since even with a half sized battery, it still keeps up with the Vita (if Nintendo had put the same battery as the Vita in the 3DS, no one would've complained about battery life).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 21, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

ILickPandas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvLDD0kelyQ&feature=g-u&context=G2853655FUAAAAAAABAA

The PSP 3000 by default has a 1200mh battery, this is a completely unfair test. Maybe you should have read the video description and not falsely advertised the video as a fair test between platforms.

it wouldn't be a fair test anyway, the PSP is less powerful and uses up less power anyway. And even if you cut that 9 hours in half, it still beats both systems (And the expanded battery is still less than the Vita's battery).

I'd say that this is a good video for 3DS, since even with a half sized battery, it still keeps up with the Vita (if Nintendo had put the same battery as the Vita in the 3DS, no one would've complained about battery life).

Kind of, they're both operating under different circumstances.

Uncharted for instance is panning constantly, sometimes this can change for instance the location the next set of textures are being rendered based on the cameras direction. Either way the pixels are having to force a lot more colour through them / change more frequently on the Vita than the 3DS due to the circumstances.

A fair test would be to put the same video on both, then see how they fair. Video playback is relatively high-intensive, and roughly covers the same power consumption as gameplay, so.

Message 23 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Dec 21, 2011

ChronoJoe wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

ILickPandas wrote:

Uncharted for instance is panning constantly, sometimes this can change for instance the location the next set of textures are being rendered based on the cameras direction. Either way the pixels are having to force a lot more colour through them / change more frequently on the Vita than the 3DS due to the circumstances.

A fair test would be to put the same video on both, then see how they fair. Video playback is relatively high-intensive, and roughly covers the same power consumption as gameplay, so.

That'd be great, just one problem: The 3DS can't play videos. Or at least, not most videos. You have to do weird stuff to them to make em work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Dec 21, 2011

I think this is pretty good considering how much was on when testing the battery. I won't have Wifi on all the time which will save power as well. There are some videos and other tests going around at the moment and it seems to be better than the 3DS when everything is on max.

Message 25 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 21, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

ILickPandas wrote:

That'd be great, just one problem: The 3DS can't play videos. Or at least, not most videos. You have to do weird stuff to them to make em work.

Yeah. Well there are the videos Nintendo pulled off of youtube and stuck on there. As far as testing purposes go you could just play one of those. Nintendo publish occasional videos onto the video channel thing, or whatever. Not sure what purpose it really serves, but the functionality is there, totally. Kinda silly that Nintendo withhold it.

Message 26 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 21, 2011

In a sense your advertising to me for no reason. I just posted what I saw in the video. So if you saw the video doesn't matter informations there. But since you decided you didnt want to and just falsely accuse than go right ahead.

Message 27 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 22, 2011

That's not too bad. At least for me, because I won't be out of the house for that long, and if I were to be I would probably be in the movies, eating out, or with friends.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 28 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 22, 2011

ILickPandas wrote:

In a sense your advertising to me for no reason. I just posted what I saw in the video. So if you saw the video doesn't matter informations there. But since you decided you didnt want to and just falsely accuse than go right ahead.

Yup, sure.

Only have to look at your post history to see you're only here to make a nusance of yourself. Last conversation I saw you in you were insinuating someone was a 'retard' because they didn't understand something. I'm not going to entertain you further.

Message 29 of 29 (20 Views)
0 Likes