PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Re: Ban Kids From Rated M Games Online

[ Edited ]
last month

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Problem is, there's no feasibility to this.

How are you going to prove who is underage and who isn't?

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof and a lot will ask mommy or daddy for theirsbut hopefully a decent parent would ask why. If you don't want to give a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card. For that matter they can charge and credit the card a penny every month stating Age Check or Adult Check next to it so that way if it's a kid using the parents card they will see the charge on their statement and look into it.

So basically block out half of PSN? Many PSN users refuse to add a credit or debit card after that "Incident" back in 2011. 

Besides, many don't even have a credit card. I am 19 and don't have one. An easier way to do this is to bring over the PSPlus requirement for Online play. Yes, I understand kids can get plus, but not as many as you would think because it costs $50 a year. If they forced PS3 and Vita users to have plus just like PS4 to play online, this could easily wipe out many of the kids. I undertand what you are talking about. I too am sick of the little kids screaming and crying on online games. Especially GTA V. I blew up some little kids car and he literally started screaming and crying yelling and a bunch of people started to kick him and he got kicked. Its annoying and yes, I wish there was a way to control it. I am sick of it as well.  

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 48 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7039 posts

last month

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

It won't work. Part of the problem is that parents just don't seem give a crap. As for congress blaming violent video games for violent crimes, I don't remember Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem walking into a school and shooting people up. The best thing to do would be try to get more parents aware of the rating system, how to use parental controls, and if the consoles don't do it already, update the firmware so you have to be logged into a parental account to create sub accounts to make it harder for little kids to create their own special M-rated bypass accounts. Add in a parental control password as part of the process just so the kids can't click on their parent's account and create a new one.

Extreme? Maybe, but it seems like a better solution than requiring a credit card.

Ness its a known fact. Some parrents use things such as TV's Computers, Videogame systems as baby sitters so they dont have to always deal or put up with there kids. Ive seen stuff like this first hand. Years ago I worked walmart as a cashier before I went back to school. we had parrents leave kids in the toy section to play as they went off to have a diner at a high class fine resteraunt. Just left there kids. Fed the m hot dogs mack and cheese and left them there so they can go off and do there own thing. leaving Walmart to be there baby sitter.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 48 (167 Views)
Wastelander
800 posts

last month

Black0Panther wrote:

Ness its a known fact. Some parrents use things such as TV's Computers, Videogame systems as baby sitters so they dont have to always deal or put up with there kids. Ive seen stuff like this first hand. Years ago I worked walmart as a cashier before I went back to school. we had parrents leave kids in the toy section to play as they went off to have a diner at a high class fine resteraunt. Just left there kids. Fed the m hot dogs mack and cheese and left them there so they can go off and do there own thing. leaving Walmart to be there baby sitter.

And that's a big part of the problem, Panther. Parents are neglecting their kids instead of getting involved with them and taking responsibility. If parents did what they were supposed to, we'd be one step closer to keeping kids away from M-rated games. 

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 48 (156 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Problem is there will be no fool proof way of stopping them. They will spread and take over the new found forum of gaming. All we can do is retaliate back, and hope to reclaim our Online Gaming. They will fight strong, but we must remain persistent to conquer and overthrow the evil devil spawns.

That aside even entering a CC won't stop them. They will just grab mommy and daddy card when they are not looking and jot down the numbers. Seeing no charge is being made to the card they will never know.

Even adults scream into the mic acting like little childish kids. So no matter what you will still have this problem. Sadly not all games offer a mute player, which they should. I don't like listing to peoples music while I try to play a game. Its very annoying. Destroys the MP experience.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 48 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
2948 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

How about instead of trying to pass more laws or make it harder to play the games we love, why don't we instead try educating the parents on how to properly set up age restrictions and not buying their children games that they are not mature enough for or using their credit/debit card info on their child's account?

In good news, as the next generation of gamers starts having their own children, they will already have this information.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 48 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

last month

I have no promblem with teens playing rated M games online. (because I was a teen when i first played it) 

Kids on the other hand  are annoying.  Soon we'll have this

“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 48 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

last month

this is the truth of gameing 

“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 48 (106 Views)
First Son
29 posts

last month

if you don´t like it, DON´T PLAY!!! why should others stop playing becouse of your frustrations??? grow up!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 48 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4818 posts

last month

If you really don't want to play with kids, the simple thing is to back out and not play the game. You can't stop people from buying video games no matter the age requirement.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 48 (97 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

last month
Just stop playing CoD

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 48 (94 Views)