8703 posts

Re: Ban Kids From Rated M Games Online

May 27, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Problem is, there's no feasibility to this.

How are you going to prove who is underage and who isn't?

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof but it would help eliminate majority of the problem. If you don't want to giv e a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card.

No debit cards? Then even I can't play (I'm 21, but I only have a debit card because I don't want a credit card)

Also what's to stop parents from just making an account for their kids to play on? People use their parent's card all the time.

Requiring a credit card would only make a different crowd mad.

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US.

Yeah, but some people don't WANT one. I don't want one. I dont' like the idea of credit cards.

And as I said, parents could make an account for them using their own credit cards. Seeing as these parents have no regard to the type of games they buy for their kids, this isn't an unbelievable stretch.

And if it's not foolproof, it's not worth it. You'd be making a lot of people upset (especially people who prefer using prepaid cards for buying their stuff)

Not everyone wants their credit card info on there, regardless of how "safe" it is. And again, there are people like me that don't have/don't want credit cards, but clearly we're over 18.

That's the price you pay for dealing with the "WELL BACK IN MY DAY!" people. They like, totally played games in the glory days, man. That like, totally gives them priority over people who actually enjoy games now, instead of simply pretending to enjoy them, because apparently this is some super secret club and "adults" don't hack or lagswitch.

Take back the future
Message 11 of 48 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof but it would help eliminate majority of the problem. If you don't want to giv e a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card.

No debit cards? Then even I can't play (I'm 21, but I only have a debit card because I don't want a credit card)

Also what's to stop parents from just making an account for their kids to play on? People use their parent's card all the time.

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US. And again, I didn't say it would be fool proof.

It stops nothing all you need is a valid debit card and these same people can access the PSN and games.

If they set their system up to require a credit card and not a debit card the system can tell the difference between the two. Sooner or later it's going to come to this with all the bs laws they are making so get use to the idea.

If it can reconize. Why do 90% of the places we use our cards ask if its debt or credit. It doesnt know. It calls an 8000 number and checks account if funds are there. It takes those funds pure and simple. It uses the same servers the credit cards use to get said  money, Exact same servers.

Message 12 of 48 (268 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US.

Yeah, but some people don't WANT one. I don't want one. I dont' like the idea of credit cards.

And as I said, parents could make an account for them using their own credit cards. Seeing as these parents have no regard to the type of games they buy for their kids, this isn't an unbelievable stretch.

And if it's not foolproof, it's not worth it. You'd be making a lot of people upset (especially people who prefer using prepaid cards for buying their stuff)

Not everyone wants their credit card info on there, regardless of how "safe" it is. And again, there are people like me that don't have/don't want credit cards, but clearly we're over 18.

That's the price you pay for dealing with the "WELL BACK IN MY DAY!" people. They like, totally played games in the glory days, man. That like, totally gives them priority over people who actually enjoy games now, instead of simply pretending to enjoy them, because apparently this is some super secret club and "adults" don't hack or lagswitch.

If he youtubes lag switches and hacks. 90% of the people are full adults doing this. Yes there are few kids but most adults

Its not all kids man. Its adults too.

Message 13 of 48 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

May 27, 2014

You can say and think what you want but it's going to happen sooner than you think. Laws will be passed requiring age verification. Like stated above anyone with a debit card or PSN card has access to everything on the PSN store which includes mature games and kids can buy them with no problem yet can't in stores. It will come to that or mature games will be pulled from online stores if they don't abide by the rules. I myelf could care less but it will happen.

Message 14 of 48 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

You can say and think what you want but it's going to happen sooner than you think. Laws will be passed requiring age verification. Like stated above anyone with a debit card or PSN card has access to everything on the PSN store which includes mature games and kids can buy them with no problem yet can't in stores. It will come to that or mature games will be pulled from online stores if they don't abide by the rules. I myelf could care less but it will happen.

The last thing this country needs is more laws...

Kids are going to play M mature games just as 17+ "not-so-mature adults" are going to play them. Sure it's annoying hearing a 10 year old over the mic on a game when you are just trying to relax, but find a different lobby then or mute them. Silly thread is silly

Message 15 of 48 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

May 27, 2014

Your title is misleading. It should be called "Ban Immature Kids...".

I, personally, am fine with kids playing M rated games if they are mature and respect others who are playing it with them. If all they can speak is profanity, then it is a problem. Heck, there are times that I have seen a 10-year old act more mature in a game lobby than a full aged adult!

Message 16 of 48 (255 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

Cant in stores? No offfence and not trolling you but I know many stores that dont even check age. They take the money and let a kid walk out with a rated M game and theres no one there to stop them from doing so.

Message 17 of 48 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

BlueMedz wrote:

Your title is misleading. It should be called "Ban Immature Kids...".

I, personally, am fine with kids playing M rated games if they are mature and respect others who are playing it with them. If all they can speak is profanity, then it is a problem. Heck, there are times that I have seen a 10-year old act more mature in a game lobby than a full aged adult!

You can help take care of this by reporting them to whom ever controls the actual game servers. No one really monitors games audio so the MODs hav eno clue whos doing what. By reporting them. It will slowly decrease the number of people we see that act so disrespectful.

Message 18 of 48 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

May 27, 2014

All I can say is I haven't ran into any annoying kids or anyone for that matter on PS4. I mainly play BF so that's probably why. Now COD that's a different story. That's as bad as GTA and I'm assuming Watch Dogs is probably going to be just as plagued.

Message 19 of 48 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

May 27, 2014

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

The last thing this country needs is more laws...

Kids are going to play M mature games just as 17+ "not-so-mature adults" are going to play them. Sure it's annoying hearing a 10 year old over the mic on a game when you are just trying to relax, but find a different lobby then or mute them. Silly thread is silly

Every time there's a stupid shooting or act of violence by a kid or teen people blame video games so you know stricter laws are coming. Even though it has nothing to do with any game. It's always the lack of parenting that causes the problem. Lack of parenting is why all the annoying kids are playing games. It's so the parents don't have to look after them.

Message 20 of 48 (240 Views)
0 Likes