May 26 2014
By: AhrendTyger First Son 3 posts

Ban Kids From Rated M Games Online

[ Edited ]
47 replies 671 views Edited May 27, 2014

This is not just a problem, as kids are playing Mature games online, like FPS, MMORPG Etc., sure we can "Mute" their Screeching Loud Crying Voices while they're splurging wild profanity which most of them hardly ever understand its meaning and what comes out of there infinite whiney sounds they make. Yet they still continue to Persist. Time and TIME again they prove to be "Good" yet upon losing streak some take Desperate Measures such as HACK, Lag Switch, SWATTING etc. The game cannot be fun anymore Itself!!

I'm speaking my mind out about this because it completely ruin the fun for us Older Gamers born during the Glory Years of Gaming. 

Mod Edit: Removed "Games and Platforms" label. -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 48 (671 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: Ban Kids From Rated M Games Online

May 27, 2014

Problem is, there's no feasibility to this.

How are you going to prove who is underage and who isn't?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 48 (654 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6122 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof and a lot will ask mommy or daddy for theirsbut hopefully a decent parent would ask why. If you don't want to give a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card. For that matter they can charge and credit the card a penny every month stating Age Check or Adult Check next to it so that way if it's a kid using the parents card they will see the charge on their statement and look into it.

Message 3 of 48 (646 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof but it would help eliminate majority of the problem. If you don't want to giv e a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card.

No debit cards? Then even I can't play (I'm 21, but I only have a debit card because I don't want a credit card)

Also what's to stop parents from just making an account for their kids to play on? People use their parent's card all the time.

Requiring a credit card would only make a different crowd mad.

Message 4 of 48 (640 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof and a lot will ask mommy or daddy for theirsbut hopefully a decent parent would ask why. If you don't want to give a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card.

Mom and dad can set up card for there kids or just open a bank account. Most debit card carry a visa or master card logo  right on them.

Message 5 of 48 (636 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6122 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Require a valid credit card on file. Not a debit card. It won't be fool proof but it would help eliminate majority of the problem. If you don't want to giv e a vaild credit card then you don't play online. Simple as that. If your afraid it might get hacked, I got news for you. People can get your info from anything. You don't have to use your credit card online to have your info stolen so don't come up with that lame excuse as to why they shouldn't require a credit card.

No debit cards? Then even I can't play (I'm 21, but I only have a debit card because I don't want a credit card)

Also what's to stop parents from just making an account for their kids to play on? People use their parent's card all the time.

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US. And again, I didn't say it would be fool proof.

Message 6 of 48 (633 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US.

Yeah, but some people don't WANT one. I don't want one. I dont' like the idea of credit cards.

And as I said, parents could make an account for them using their own credit cards. Seeing as these parents have no regard to the type of games they buy for their kids, this isn't an unbelievable stretch.

And if it's not foolproof, it's not worth it. You'd be making a lot of people upset (especially people who prefer using prepaid cards for buying their stuff)

Not everyone wants their credit card info on there, regardless of how "safe" it is. And again, there are people like me that don't have/don't want credit cards, but clearly we're over 18.

Message 7 of 48 (626 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 27, 2014

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Anyone can get a debit card. You have to be 18 to get a credit card for most companies in the US. And again, I didn't say it would be fool proof.

It stops nothing all you need is a valid debit card and these same people can access the PSN and games.

Message 8 of 48 (618 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

May 27, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

It stops nothing all you need is a valid debit card and these same people can access the PSN and games.

Just to add: As far as I know, there's no way to distinguish a debit card from a credit card online.

That's why even when you go to a store and swipe a card, it ASKS you what kind of card you have. It clearly can't tell.

Message 9 of 48 (614 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6122 posts

May 27, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

If they set their system up to require a credit card and not a debit card the system can tell the difference between the two. Sooner or later it's going to come to this with all the bs laws they are making so get use to the idea.

Message 10 of 48 (613 Views)
0 Likes