Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: Bad graphics

Jun 25, 2013

I've seen the exact opposite happen with Deus Ex, for example.  I think it depends on the game.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 11 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5919 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

I'll just leave this here for you guys to read from professionals (who use top grade equipment btw).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-saints-row-the-third

Some here just have to accept that third party developers/games have always had a hard time having parity between the 360 and PS3, only a few match it, very few exceed. Only first party studios are able to make the most out I'd the PS3. As a ex Xbox 360 owner, I knew third party game studios catered to 360 and ported those games to PS3. I've come to terms with one question that gets answered right every time. Is the graphical hit in quality enough to kill my enjoyment of the game? No? Well then, who cares if one platforms version of the game looks better or worse, the content is the same...the enjoyment is the same .

Message 12 of 19 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I've seen the exact opposite happen with Deus Ex, for example.  I think it depends on the game.

It really does depend on the game. Red Dead Redemption looked a bit crisper on the 360 but I liked Far Cry 3 better on PS3. Same with AC3, looked a bit better on PS3 as well.

Message 13 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 26, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFXb7qIpcE

I honestly see very little difference.

Maybe some textures.

I play the PC version anyway.

Well, judging by that viedo, the PS3 version actually looks slightly better.

Message 14 of 19 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 26, 2013

It's common knowledge the PS3 is the more powerful system, but the 360 is easier to program for. Most 3rd party developers cater to the ease of the 360, which explains graphical differences. However, games like Uncharted and Killzone couldn't run on the 360 IMO. The good news is once again Sony will have the more powerful system with the PS4, but this time around it's a breeze to program for. That means 3rd party games on the PS4 will look noticeably better according to developers:

"In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/15/sony-playstation-4-launch-edition-already-sold-o...

Message 15 of 19 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 26, 2013
That's great info, but I'm saying my free digital copy is bad. I'm one to not let graphics determine the quality of a game. And maybe the hard copy is great. I think that something is missing in my game is my point. I was curious if I was one of a few. I appreciate the response from all of you. I hope most of the community here is mature as you guys.
Message 16 of 19 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13520 posts

Jun 26, 2013

DemolitionD133 wrote:
That's great info, but I'm saying my free digital copy is bad. I'm one to not let graphics determine the quality of a game. And maybe the hard copy is great. I think that something is missing in my game is my point. I was curious if I was one of a few. I appreciate the response from all of you. I hope most of the community here is mature as you guys.

The digital copy and the hard copy have no difference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 19 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54509 posts

Jun 26, 2013

DemolitionD133 wrote:
So i left Xbox180 club to join Playstation full time. I downloaded saints 3 for free. The graphics are bad. Xbox version was slick. Is this because of ot being a PSN digital?

That is weird because I first played the game on my friends XBOX but didn't notice any difference in graphics when I played the free one from plus on the store the other day.

Can you take 2 screenshots to compare?   Are you using the HDMI cable?   Are your video settings proper?

Message 18 of 19 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Go home, you are drunk

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 19 of 19 (72 Views)
0 Likes